Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBF as birth contrl first 6 months

Nope, didn't work for me, that's how I got baby #3. Fertile Myrtle over here I guess. #2 was a boobaholic and never took fake nipples of any sort and was still up at least every 4 hours.

Advertisement

And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
BrandeeLee
Registered Users

My Mood:

It did work for me, we spaced 3 out of our four this way. I got my period back at 15 months pp, and conceived by 6 and 1 months later. We were open to another child, so I didn't worry about it. I do think every woman is different! EBF might prevent pregnancy for 3 years in some women, and only 3 months in another. After your first baby, you could use a condom for backup until you get a better feel of what your body does pp.
BrandeeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I am too scared to trust it, to be honest. I very much do not want to get pregnant for a while, maybe even every again. I'd be a mess if I got pregnant quickly. Therefore, we will be using the "no glove, no love" method It's suppose to be pretty effective, but not for everyone. If you are ok with a pregnancy if it should happen, then I'd go for it. If you are like me and do NOT want to get pregnant, don't trust it
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I was understanding that you had to be nursing every 3 hours around the clock and if you extend one nursing session than it's not effective. That's what we learned in our prenatal classes with baby #1.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #15
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HA! I got pregnant with number 4, 5 months PP while exclusively nursing and AF had NOT returned yet. REMEMBER...you ovulate before you have a period!
I was fine with it, though, and very excited to have another little blessing!

I agree with others....if you are ok with another baby anytime soon, go for it, if not, use some kind of protection.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #16
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My fertility counselor who teaches NFP says that no one has ever conceived again at 7 weeks but some have by 8wks pp so i had to start charting around 6 just to get in the habit.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #17
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl View Post
My fertility counselor who teaches NFP says that no one has ever conceived again at 7 weeks but some have by 8wks pp so i had to start charting around 6 just to get in the habit.
This not true. It i most definitely possible to get preg before 7wk pp. Probable? no but for sure possible
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant- The Doctor
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
This not true. It i most definitely possible to get preg before 7wk pp. Probable? no but for sure possible
I actually know someone who went into her 6 week pp checkup to find out she was pregnant. I know she was nursing and not supplementing but she may have been giving pacifiers scheduling etc.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
Noisygirlsmama
Registered Users

they now have birth control that u can take while breastfeeding its called the mini pill. use it nothing in life is guaranteed.
Noisygirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisygirlsmama View Post
they now have birth control that u can take while breastfeeding its called the mini pill. use it nothing in life is guaranteed.
But if you can't remember to take the mini pill every day at the same time, it can be statistically *less effective* than Lactational Amenorrhea. And I know that my life with a young baby is not very orderly, personally, so there is no way I could trust myself with the mini pill.