Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Breakfast for 6

I've realized that making breakfast for all of us at once makes the morning go smoother. I stopped doing it as often now that I have some teens but want to start again.

I need some ideas/reminders. I can prep ahead. I can also cook first thing in the morning. (No cheese recipes please.)

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breakfast for 6

There is a breakfast casserole that I love. And I'm not usually a casserole fan.
It's from Bisquick, but you can totally make the Bisquick part of it from scratch.

It's a big bag of frozen hash browns to start with. Layer those in the bottom of a 13" by 9" pan.
Brown and crumble some sausage and put over the hash browns.
I then chop up some bell peppers and layer over the sausage. You can also add onion.
Then I use about 7 eggs (you can use fewer) and beat them up with whatever seasonings you want. Mix that with a cup or half a cup of Bisquick and pour over the top of it. Do not stir. Bake it at 350 until it's done. (30-45 minutes)

This is best eaten hot from the oven. It feeds several people easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

I was going to say breakfast casserole as well, but I think all of our favorite recipes have cheese in them. I usually do biscuits and gravy with eggs or make some pancake batter and fry up some sausage when we are doing family breakfast.

I like making those overnight oatmeal recipes for the crockpot but not everyone likes eating them.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just no cheese? Or no dairy as well?

Casseroles, breakfast burritos, fancied up oatmeal, breakfast sandwich no cheese, beans and eggs. Beans, eggs, and chorrizo. Breakfast tacos.

Or we infinitely prefer left overs. Chili, beans and rice, Chicken soup, etc.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #5
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. That's been really helpful. I was stumped when I was planning things out.

I can make a big batch of dry baking mix and keep that in the fridge.

I made biscuits and gravy and that worked well. I'll get some sausage etc. to have on hand when we need to move quick.

I have a bunch of baked type oatmeal recipes somehwere. I'll pull those out.

The leftovers get taken for lunch if there are any. That would be the easiest.

I'm no dairy. Dd does best with little so I use almond milk often. Haven't found a non dairy cheese I like.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This recipe is simple and easy. We love it. You can easily substitute a non-dairy milk, and use some other oil in the pan.

Do not use a different flour, it doesn't come out well. It might be fine using just rice, I've never tried that though.

A hearty eater can eat one recipe.

This also travels really well, and is easy for littles to eat in the car too.

The leftovers are very good just cold.

Baked Egg Pancake
3 Eggs
2/3c. Milk
2 TBL. Honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt
1/2c. Flour (a mixture of millet and rice)
2 TBL. Butter

Mix all ingredients together except the butter. Melt Butter in a skillet on the stove. Pour in batter. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Let sit in pan for a couple minutes before removing to a plate. Brush maple syrup on top if desired. Cut like pizza.

(I prefere cast iron pans for this).
Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #7
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedmama777 View Post
This recipe is simple and easy. We love it. You can easily substitute a non-dairy milk, and use some other oil in the pan.

Do not use a different flour, it doesn't come out well. It might be fine using just rice, I've never tried that though.

A hearty eater can eat one recipe.

This also travels really well, and is easy for littles to eat in the car too.

The leftovers are very good just cold.

Baked Egg Pancake
3 Eggs
2/3c. Milk
2 TBL. Honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt
1/2c. Flour (a mixture of millet and rice)
2 TBL. Butter

Mix all ingredients together except the butter. Melt Butter in a skillet on the stove. Pour in batter. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Let sit in pan for a couple minutes before removing to a plate. Brush maple syrup on top if desired. Cut like pizza.

(I prefere cast iron pans for this).
Sounds good. Does it puff like a Dutch baby bunny?

I made the premix (adapted from La Leche League cookbook) and threw a bit of some chickpea flour I happened to have for a little protein.

Thread reminded me.I've made hashbrowns in my waffle iron before using shredded potato.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #8
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My premix needs tweaking. I think it needs more fat cut in.

Made biscuits and eggs with a bit of ham.

The change is resulting in people getting ready faster and some family conversation in the morning.

I saw stuffed french toast mentioned on the Ramsey thread. I might make that for them this week.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #9
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla
My premix needs tweaking. I think it needs more fat cut in. Made biscuits and eggs with a bit of ham. The change is resulting in people getting ready faster and some family conversation in the morning. I saw stuffed french toast mentioned on the Ramsey thread. I might make that for them this week.
We love stuffed French toast but it's usually a breakfast we serve when we have visitors. I splurge on a few loaves of brioche to make it.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Sounds good. Does it puff like a Dutch baby bunny?

I made the premix (adapted from La Leche League cookbook) and threw a bit of some chickpea flour I happened to have for a little protein.

Thread reminded me.I've made hashbrowns in my waffle iron before using shredded potato.
I have no idea what a Dutch baby bunny is, but it doesn't puff a lot. It gets a little puffy while cooking, but after it sits for a few minutes, it pretty much flattens out.
Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote