Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
ebay ugh

So I sold something on Ebay and the seller never paid for it. I finally, after 5 days of nothing, sent them a message asking if they were going to pay for them. The response I got back was "no, problem with my Paypal" no sorry for not notifying you, nothing. If I cancel the transaction can't they still leave me feedback? Can I have the seller cancel from their end so they can't leave feedback because the cancellation was mutual? I only ask because I was reading FB left for others and they have left neg/neutral FB for 20% of their transactions! Please help

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ebay ugh

Usually you can file as a non-payer and recoup all your fees. I am pretty certain if they didn't pay then they can't leave you negative feedback, but you have every right to on your end, IMO. They can't just buy something and say, oh no I'm not paying.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here's a little more help straight from ebay customer support.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/ques...o-payment.html

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had put in the listing to please pay within 72 hours of end of listing. I did invoice them too. After 72 hrs I sent a message saying that I would be relisting only to have to eat my words since you apparently have to give the buyer 4 days to pay. I actually think that it was 5 days before I sent them another message (cause I wasn't home on the 4th day) and thats when they responded with "no" Will Ebay favor the buyer since I originally said to pay within 72 hours and when they didn't sent them a message saying I would be relisting?

Also, is it wrong to put a payment time frame in your listings? I see other do it but I'm not an experienced Ebayer..
Old 03-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
cotopaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If the transaction is cancelled they cannot leave you feedback. I would put in to have it canceled, hopefully they will agree - it's in their interest to do so since otherwise you can file against them as a nonpaying bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmama2 View Post
Will Ebay favor the buyer since I originally said to pay within 72 hours and when they didn't sent them a message saying I would be relisting?
No they don't care.

Quote:
Also, is it wrong to put a payment time frame in your listings? I see other do it but I'm not an experienced Ebayer..
Eh, wrong-ish. You have no way of enforcing that b/c ebay gives them 4 days to pay, so if they pay on day 4 after you've relisted, you're obligated to send it to them. To me there's no point in stating a personal selling policy that is contrary to the site's policy.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Even once I put in to have it cancelled If they don't agree I can go back and file against them for non payment, right? I think that's what i got out of that, sorry i'm tired
Old 03-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would file as non paying anyhow!!! rather than just camceling it!!!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
cotopaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Even once I put in to have it cancelled If they don't agree I can go back and file against them for non payment, right?
Yes you sure can.

Unfortunately they then have 8 days to pay or respond, and if they pay they can leave you feedback, which might not be glowing if they are annoyed about the nonpayment claim. However this is your only option for getting your fees refunded if they don't agree to the cancellation, and so far the times I've filed, the buyer never resurfaced at all.

anyway -- hopefully they agree to cancel, then they don't get a strike and you get your fees back!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well now I'm just annoyed. I noticed when I went in to cancel the transaction that they had another feedback. I checked it out and it was for something that they bought 2 days after my auction ended for $425.00!!!! PP acct problems my @$$ and they obviously paid for it since the seller said they were a great buyer! $&!@@#!$#@ so would you file a nonpaying buyer or try to cancel?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well now I'm just annoyed. I noticed when I went in to cancel the transaction that they had another feedback. I checked it out and it was for something that they bought 2 days after my auction ended for $425.00!!!! PP acct problems my @$$ and they obviously paid for it since the seller said they were a great buyer! $&!@@#!$#@ so would you file a nonpaying buyer or try to cancel?
Did you call ebay CS and ask them about it? If not, I would.