Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Whidbey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face WCW Soaker Too Tight??

I just received two WCW soakers I ordered.

OMG, they are even cuter in person! However, my 15-month old 24 pound son (with, ahem... chunky thighs) seems like he's being squished in them.

I measured him and followed the sizing guidelines. I know they're supposed to fit "snug" but I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between snug and tight.

Anyone have any experience/recommendations? Do they get bigger (or shrink) after awhile? This pic is just him trying them on over his Sbish bamboo fitted. You can see his (yummy) thighs oozing out the sides.

I had to lift him up in the air by the soaker to get it on him.

I am new to wool and bamboo fitteds. Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: WCW Soaker Too Tight??

When you pull them off, are there any red marks from his skin being compressed? Is he fussy after you put it on? I always go up a size in interlock because they don't have as much stretch as knit.

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #3
Whidbey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shoot, I didn't notice any red marks... but then again, I wasn't looking. It was a struggle enough trying to get them off.

Darn! I wish I had known to go up a size. I'm stuck with two brand new pairs (that I was stalking, even). I don't think Angela does exchanges. $100 not well spent.

Last edited by Whidbey; 03-13-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Whidbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
Electro
Registered Users
seller

I had to sell mine for the same issue. It squeezed my little guy like a sausage. If I wanted it to fit his chub, I would have had to go up so many sizes that the rise would have gone up to his armpits-- no exaggeration. I LOVE her stuff but it didn't work for us.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate to tell you, mama, but yes that does look too tight.

Especially if it was a struggle to get them off, and you had to lift him in the air to get them on him, there's no growing room anyway and they won't last long at all for you.

I'd contact Angela and just double check about exchanges... you never know. I've never exchanged anything with her but it can't hurt to just tell her the problem and see what her suggestions are. After that, your best bet would be to get what you can out of them on FSOT and try again.

Size up next time you buy. I always size up with my girls, particularly when it comes to soakers or something I have spent a lot of money on, so that my girls get a good, long use out of it.

Again, I'm sorry mama. It's a really cute soaker.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Whidbey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sent a message to Angela and she said it looks like they fit fine. I'm gonna have to trust her... and hope they stretch a bit. Thanks you guys!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What size did you buy for him...? Looks pretty tight to me...

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
chippybug10
Registered Users

IME, these stretch a lot over time. If you compare a brand new one to one that's been used for months, you'd probably think they're not the same size. It looks like that size fits your LO well in the waist, and if it's not bothering on the thighs then I wouldn't worry. I'd rather have them a bit smaller than too big, otherwise then you have places for leaks to happen, kwim?

Btw, he is the most adorable, squishy little baby and the shark is so cute on him!

Last edited by chippybug10; 03-13-2011 at 11:14 AM.
chippybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
Whidbey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
IME, these stretch a lot over time. If you compare a brand new one to one that's been used for months, you'd probably think they're not the same size. It looks like that size fits your LO well in the waist, and if it's not bothering on the thighs then I wouldn't worry. I'd rather have them a bit smaller than too big, otherwise then you have places for leaks to happen, kwim?

Btw, he is the most adorable, squishy little baby and the shark is so cute on him!
and thank you!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
leopardgirl
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad you asked this because I just purchased a WCW soaker and have the same problem.

This is our first wool, and I pretty much had to beg DH for it. Then I had to wait for some fitteds to arrive. FINALLY, I was so excited to use our adorable new soaker tonight..... and I couldn't even get it on my DS.

I'm glad to read that it might stretch, but I'm not sure we'll be able to use it at all.
leopardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote