Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
mom22sofar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: REALLY irritated...

that does suck, and while it would be super tempting to say something to her, it probably isn't worth your bother stirring the pot. I agree with you, it is super annoying and would frustrate me, but on the other hand, once it is sold it is up to her what she dose with it.

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. I'm not one to stir things up, and I don't plan on PM'ing her or posting on her thread. And yes, it is definitely the same item I sold her...not just another like it. I too try to sell things for close to or just below what I paid, and sometimes I can't remember the exact cost. But with this being SO much higher, I think she knows exactly what she's doing. *sigh* It's just frustrating and I needed to vent.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #13
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's really annoying. I'd be frustrated too. And sad for the next buyer... They might be thinking they're getting something practically new.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
JenBen
Registered Users
seller

Well, I don't think it's cool she misrepresented what she paid, but that's the end of what I think she's doing wrong. It's her item, she can charge whatever she wants. If it's worth that amount to someone else, great, if not then she'll have to reduce her price.

I don't get the comments about how "FSOT isn't to make money" or that selling for more than you paid is "awful." Again, as long as she doesn't lie (and I agree she probably did here), there's nothing unethical about asking for more than what she paid.
JenBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Jacksmom716
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenBen View Post

I don't get the comments about how "FSOT isn't to make money" or that selling for more than you paid is "awful." Again, as long as she doesn't lie (and I agree she probably did here), there's nothing unethical about asking for more than what she paid.
That's why I said IMO
Old 03-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #16
mistylynn313
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand your frustration. I once sold some wool that I loved to another mama. Actually we traded... She said she was new to wool and asked how she should take care of it. I took a long time compiling instructions and things I would like to have known right away when I was new to wool. I was happy with what I got in the trade, but a week later I see all the wool that I traded her on FSOT paired with "matching" shirts and for sale, PP only! I took it personally at first but then had to keep telling myself that the wool wasn't mine anymore... You can't help what another person will do with the things you've sold them. As long as she isn't misrepresenting the item, I saw ignore it and move on.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #17
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That sucks! I hate that she is misrepresenting it like that! I dont like when people mark things up so drastically but really that is their own concern and I am sure when I go to sell some of my diapers I wont remember what all I paid for each one but I doubt I could go that much higher than what I paid even by accident! But really that is her choice but I really really dont like her lying about what she paid for it

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #18
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I would say something to her just because she is lying here on DS. If she is lying like that she could very well be capable of scamming someone in the future. Ugh!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
beautifulboyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I would say something to her just because she is lying here on DS. If she is lying like that she could very well be capable of scamming someone in the future. Ugh!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #20
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

"I'd just ignore it. Not worth your time really."

Good advice.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote