Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you see a chiropractor while pregnant?

I do unassisted pregnancies and birth...but I see my chiropractor monthly. I think it's that important to be in alignment.

I was in a 4 wheeler roll-over when I was first married so pregnancy exacerbated my already compromised hip. I was in constant pain my first pregnancy when I didn't do very many chiro visits. My second one, the pain returned, but I saw my chiro a lot more often and it was a breeze (also, my baby was transverse and getting an adjustment helped the baby get into position)

If you talk to the chiropractors in your area, they might be willing to lower the fee they charge you or let you do smaller payments so you can pay yourself. I've never met a chiropractor that was an @ss.

You could even just go anyway and have the chiropractor bill your insurance. Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

If that's still too much for you and you can't talk your insurance company into covering it, perhaps you could go see a physical therapist instead?

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #12
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

If you got a referral from your OB and showed it/gave it to your PCP, would that possibly change his mind? Maybe even talk to the chiropractor's office and have them write some form of a letter that says they do pregnancy care? Or is your PCP just being an a star star about it and be offended that you are trying to overrule his judgment?

Chiropractic care during pregnancy is WONDERFUL! Hope you get it figured out!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #13
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

Yes, through my pregnancy and after. Totally worth it.

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i tried to get a referral from my PCP and they also told me to contact my OB since the pain is pregnancy related...ob gave me a referral for physical therapy. I'm calling today to set it up...though it's probably a waste of my time, the pain will be gone once this baby is out.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #15
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
Yes! I need to find one in my area. I wish I still lived by my old one... she was awesome. About your PCP- that is so frustrating! Can you call your insurance and see if it okay for your OB to give you the referal instead of your PCP? If not, I would totally change PCPs because initial visits can be so expensive (compared to regular ones). I know 2 chiros that I have been to charged about $300 for the initial visit, then like $60 per visit after that (w/o insurance). Depends on the practice, I am sure, if you can find someone that'll just charge you $30, then it would be worth paying out of pocket, IMO. GL and let us know how it goes!
I called the insurance co and explained that I was pregnant and my PCP didn't want to give me the referral. I asked if my OB could give me the referral since it was pregnancy related and they said it had to be from the PCP. They said I should get the OB to talk to the PCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydazedesigns View Post
If you got a referral from your OB and showed it/gave it to your PCP, would that possibly change his mind? Maybe even talk to the chiropractor's office and have them write some form of a letter that says they do pregnancy care? Or is your PCP just being an a star star about it and be offended that you are trying to overrule his judgment?

Chiropractic care during pregnancy is WONDERFUL! Hope you get it figured out!
I'm thinking it just b/c it's pregnancy related that he doesn't want to give me the referral. I'm going to talk to my OB today and see if he would be okay w/ my seeing a chiropractor. If it's okay with it, I'll ask him to let my PCP know and then hopefully I'll get a referral. If not, I probably will ask my PCP again, but if he doesn't give me the referral, I most likely just won't be able to go. I have GD, and we've already spent lots of money to cover medical supplies and doctor's appointments.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #16
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh heck yes!! I LOVED my chiropractor during pregnancy! His table was the only time I could lay on my stomach because of the drop middle of the table. I loved it so much!!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote