Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Kbunz14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
to say something or not...

I'm just a little bummed with some dipes I got today (non DS transaction). I got 2 newbie dipes that I hadn't even considered before because new they're so high priced, and I don't see them often on here. Anyways, decent price ($4 off retail) for "EUC, used for 3 weeks". She's been great, but said she didn't have time to take pics (WAHM, with a sucessful biz, and there were 22 dipes, so I can understand). One I got seems perfect, obviously some wash wear (normal pilling of fleece inner, great elastics and velcro) but the other one has some flaws.
First thing I noticed was there is a couple small lightish marks on the crotch of the diaper. Not hugely obvious, but something you'd noticed while inspecting diapers for sale. Secondly, the back elastic is a bit stretched...it still has "spring" to it, but it's about an inch longer then the other diaper I got. Which kinda sucks because I'm expecting a smaller baby (DD was 6lb 4oz when we came home and didn't gain fast) and when I made the dipe as small as it could go, it seems a bit big.
Do I mention it? I really would like to keep the diapers, and I've never run into to this situation. What would be fair to ask? I figure if the back elastic really bugs me, I can replace it, that shouldn't be hard and the light mark I can overlook, I'm just disappointed.

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
yomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: to say something or not...

If you're bummed, I'd say something. If I bought something that was only used for 3 weeks, only $4 off retail, I'd expect them to be near perfect, unless otherwise disclosed. I would mention it and maybe you could work out a small refund, depending on how far off your expectations they actually were. I think if you're friendly and not reproachful, it cannot hurt to let her know! GL!
yomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

i think that since you paid nearly retail price, they should be almost new, IMO relaxed elastics and light stains dont fall into the almost new category, I would mention it to her, its possible she overlooked the issues (it sounds like shes a busy mama!) but i think i would want some sort of partial refund
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
pickychicmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

does not hurt to talk with the seller
pickychicmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama View Post
If you're bummed, I'd say something. If I bought something that was only used for 3 weeks, only $4 off retail, I'd expect them to be near perfect, unless otherwise disclosed. I would mention it and maybe you could work out a small refund, depending on how far off your expectations they actually were. I think if you're friendly and not reproachful, it cannot hurt to let her know! GL!
I definitely wouldn't pay $4 off retail for a diaper that has issues that you described.

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama View Post

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very light staining I'd let pass, but not the stretched elastic. That doesn't seem right for a diaper used that little. Explain how you see the difference between the two diapers. If she still has some left, maybe you can just exchange for a different one?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

you could ask about it but for your own sake, always get pictures in advance. If someone is too busy to take pictures for me, they are too busy to get my business. It also would have forced her to look at each diaper at least while laying out for the pictures. Noticeably marks or staining is not what you paid for.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely talk to the seller, and don't be intimidated that she's a WAHM who is "too busy" to take pictures. I would be suspect of any seller who didn't/couldn't/wouldn't take photos.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Without going into too much detail, I once bought something--one of my first transactions here--from a mama who was very active in the forums and had hundreds of positive feedback. Not only did I get the runaround about shipping, but when the item arrived it was filthy and covered in dog hair (when she said it was a dog-free home). Because I was so new, I decided to just leave no feedback. Well guess what? This mama is now having FSOT issues and I feel terrible about not being more vocal then. Point of the long story is I'd at least bring it up to the seller. If she's got a successful business, she may be uber busy and didn't inspect as well as she should have. I'm sure she'll make it right for you. If not, I'd definitely leave appropriate feedback so noone else gets burned by someones outwardly stellar feedback.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote