Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Shipping to Canada

So the FSOT rules say that there must be delivery confirmation, but there is no delivery confirmation outside the use (domestic only). What do people do when shipping to Canada??

Advertisement

m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Shipping to Canada

Most people just take a chance and don't purchase it. I believe that you can get DC to Canada, but it is very pricey. I choose not to ship to Canada unless it is a mama I know and trust. In my opinion it isn't worth the risk.

I have heard of a few instances when the Canadian mama pays extra for the DC.
emmaluv+1more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

well, there isn't DC, there is insurance but that is super pricey, maybe that is what people are referring to?
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Another option would be to purchase a Certificate of Mailing. All that does, though, is tell the sender that you presented the parcel to the PO in person to be sent. It still does not provide confirmation of delivery. But is more an affidavit saying you did at least mail it through the PO. It's still a gamble. The only way to get DC to Canada thru USPS is to ship Express (at least that's what my PO told me). Which is $$.

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

They ship first class, and don't worry about it, or at least don't worry about it much if it's a small item. Of course first class only works if it's a small light package. I've bought a great deal from here, etsy, HC and eBay, and only once has a package gone astray, and it turned out to be the fault of the WAHM mislabelling the package (wrong address).

Now this is personal comfort level stuff. DS doesn't insist that international packages have DC, but it is a do at your own risk thing, because no matter what, if you don't have DC and it comes down to a paypal dispute, they WILL side with teh buyer. Not a thing you can do about it. But as I said, if the mama's legit, you shouldn't have a problem.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it's something not expensive, I ship first class and don't worry about it. I just shipped a mei tai to Canada yesterday, and I shipped first class and purchased third party insurance on it. The insurance is $1.15 per $100. So I paid $2.30 for insurance. The company I used is called u-pic. So if something were to happen and the mei tai doesn't show up, then paypal will side with the buyer. BUT, I should be covered by the insurance and neither of us would lose out.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

As a Canadian purchaser, most of my sellers just use the cheapest shipping and we both 'trust'. I've had (I think) 6 or 7 purchases so far and everything has been fine.

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote