Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Why DC?

I've read that sellers need to provide dc when shipping, for our own "protection". But if PP doesn't think dc is enough to prove the package got to the buyer, then how can it be for my own protection? How will dc "protect" the seller in disputes?

Sorry if this was asked already.

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why DC?

What makes you say PP doesn't think it is enough. In my experience it is enough. If the DC says delivered then PP assumes it was. I bought some yarn on Spots. The DC says delivered but it wasn't delivered to me. The seller definitely had the correct address. I am simply out of luck.

Now, if the package gets lost in the mail and the DC never says "delivered" then PP will side with the buyer because there is proof that it didn't arrive at its destination. That is somewhat unfair, imo. DC isn't proof of shipment, just proof of delivery. You have to be able to prove the item was delivered in PP's eyes.
emmaluv+1more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Because I had a friend (seller) who had money pulled out of his account even with a dc that said the item was delivered.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

yup DC isn't protection with paypal. If the addressee says they didn't get it, then you as a seller are SOL. I too know of a specific friend that this happened to.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow. Because in my case they said that as long as it says that the package was delivered I can't really do anything about it other than contact my PO. I might have to call them again!

Was there another reason the buyer was unhappy? Did your friend have a chance to defend him/herself through a dispute? Did the buyer simply say that the item wasn't received or was it received and there was some other issue?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

with my friend's case they gave them the DC number showing delivered and everything but the buyer said they never received and went through their credit card that the used with Paypal to take the money back. There was nothing paypal could do but to take the money out of my friend's account
Old 03-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, that's a credit card chargeback and that's an entirely different animal.

I'm 99.9% certain that, as far as PP is concerned, delivered means delivered and they will not refund the buyer.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh.. maybe that was it. Because I know my friends item was under $250 (which you would need insurance or signature for). Maybe it was a CC thing that went through PP. But yes, my friend had delivery confirmation showing it was delivered, and the money was taken out of his account anyway!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like a chargeback but i still think DC should have been enough to prove it. That is frustrating!!!!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

they even mediated through paypal, but in the end paypal had to pull the money out of her account.