Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
hailey1312
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
why don't people leave feedback?

I am new here and just got started buy and selling. I have actually only made one sale and working on a couple of trades but I have bought several things and always try to leave positive feedback right away. I always pay right away and try to communicate quickly but so far I have only gotten 2 feedback ratings myself even though I have had like 6 or 8 transactions (can't remember at the moment) I figured at first I just hadn't given people enough time, but now I think people just forget and never get around to rating, or am I missing something? It would really help my credibility selling if the people I bought from would rate the transaction instead of just forgetting. And if I did something wrong I wish they'd pm and say something. Is there no way like ebay that people get reminded to rate a transaction? Should I PM the sellers and say anything in case I did something wrong or just let it go...?

Advertisement

hailey1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: why don't people leave feedback?

Try sending a friendly reminder
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In the very beginning when I was first trying to build feedback, I sent some pm's just letting them know that I was new, trying to build fb, and if they had time, I'd appreciate a rating

I don't do it now of course...LOL. But in your case, I def would

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

you can just send them a friendly reminder via a pm...I know that many mean to leave fb and then get distracted
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #5
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

I had a similar question earlier, and a lot of mamas wait for the buyer to leave feedback and see that they're satisfied before doing anything. I would just drop a friendly reminder letting them know you had a pleasant transaction, would be happy to leave feedback, and would love it if they could as well to get your rating going
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
maddiesmum
Registered Users
seller

sell me wool and i'll leave feedback i leave feedback after a package is received. part of my feedback is if the person communicates well. i also like to see the day they shipped it...how long it took them to send the package after the money is sent. i have had packages come to alberta in one week. for international....that is crazy fast shipping! i will include that in my comments since canada shipping in a flate rate bag is almost the same amount as priority shipping in the u.s.a. very do-able. now about that yarn... j/k. good luck.
maddiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
I had a similar question earlier, and a lot of mamas wait for the buyer to leave feedback and see that they're satisfied before doing anything. I would just drop a friendly reminder letting them know you had a pleasant transaction, would be happy to leave feedback, and would love it if they could as well to get your rating going

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel ya. I've had about 7 transactions on here, only 1 feedback.

I'm not mad about it. But sometimes I worry when trying to purchase something that a seller will see I only have 1 feedback and hesitate to sell to me. I don't know if that's really a valid fear or not since I worry about everything anyway.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just sent a PM asking them to leave feedback since I was trying to build my ratings. All the mamas were happy to leave me feedback.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Most of the time, people just forget. We are all busy moms and I know sometimes I will have as many as 15 or more buys/sells/trades going on at once. I don't mind a friendly reminder.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote