Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

question on refund

so, i have a follow up question to something i asked about a couple weeks ago. i can't seem to find my previous post about it? i'm not sure what happened, but that's alright, i hope you all don't mind me making a new one.

basically, what happened was, i got some babylegs from a wahm that ripped almost immediately after using them the first time. i was obviously not happy, so i requested a refund. it took her almost a week to get back to me, and she only responded after i followed up with another e-mail saying that if i didn't hear from her by the next day i was filing with paypal. she had a good excuse for not getting back to me, and i know she has a lot going on right now, i don't want to go into details because it's not my business, but suffice to say, if what she says is true, totally understandable that she's not on top of things right now.

my concern is though, she was able to get on and send me an e-mail quickly when i threatened filing with paypal, and how long does it really take to issue a refund, just the click of a button right? someone tell me if i'm wrong. but now it's been almost 2 weeks since that last communication saying she would give me a refund. she didn't mention that it would take awhile, or that she would do it when things calmed down, she just said she would give me one, so i kind of expected it somewhat soon. and, i dunno, i guess i'm just afraid of getting burned, but it's been a month now since i bought this item, and my chance to file with paypal is going to end after 45 days right? and she may very well be all on the up and up and going to do it, but just can't get to it now, but what if she's not? what if she drags this out and then never refunds me and now i can't file with paypal and get my money back? i need that money back. i mean, ok, it's not a LOT of money, but it's enough to buy the new soaker that i need for my ds, since it's now warm here and the time when babylegs would have been a useful thing to have has passed.

so, i guess my question is, keeping in mind that i know she has a lot going on right now, but realizing that it's just a quick thing and that i would at least like SOME communication about when i'm going to be getting my money, should i send her another e-mail? i don't want to be over the top and bothering her, but at the same time i sort of feel like, you have a business, at the very least, when she sent me that original e-mail she should have said "i will give you your refund, but you will have to wait awhile until such and such a time when things calm down for me" that's all it takes! i would have waited! and as a side note, it's a very simple thing to set up an automatic reply with your e-mail saying "i'm not able to respond right now, but i will get back to you after XXXX date" or "i won't be available until further notice", or whatever! i have to do it if i'm going to be out of the office for awhile so that no one's sitting around wondering where i'm at and why i'm not responding.

so anyways, am i being mean and not very understanding? or should i send her another e-mail requesting my refund or at least an idea of when i'll get a refund? or should i just say screw it and file? thanks so much for your ideas

Advertisement

Last edited by Liadan23; 03-15-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: question on refund

I would send another email since it has been 2 weeks! It does not take that long to issue a refund! I would give her a certain date to have it done by or you are going to file because yes you only have 45 days to file with paypal!!! Goodluck

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
johnsbabymama
Registered Users
seller

no you are not out of the way AT ALL. I did read your orignal post about the babylegs. I do remember that. And yes it is only a click of a button to refund. I had to refund a mama one time because i took too long to get that package out, i already had the refund (partial) before i even sent a message saying i would. So there is no excuse!
johnsbabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
bjkglaugh
Registered Users

My Mood:

I say it's time to file. She's given you the runaround long enough.

And, while I am sorry for whatever she has going on, you need to protect you and your checkbook first and foremost.

Just remember, DO NOT cancel or close the claim until you have your money back!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkglaugh View Post
I say it's time to file. She's given you the runaround long enough.

And, while I am sorry for whatever she has going on, you need to protect you and your checkbook first and foremost.

Just remember, DO NOT cancel or close the claim until you have your money back!
this is my first instinct too, and in just about any other situation i would have filed long ago. i hate being pulled around and i'm huge on communication, nothing irritates me faster then having my e-mails ignored. but i dunno, i guess i'm just hesitating because she got me with her sob story and i do feel bad and i'm trying to be understanding so then i find myself torn on how to handle it because the way i would LIKE to handle it makes me feel like i'm cold and unfeeling. but you all have made me feel better about it. i sent her an e-mail and gave her until the end of the week. i counted out the days, and next friday is my 45 days, so i'm cutting it close as it is. if i don't hear from her i'll file.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:

I remember your post, I suggest filing with paypal, you can always close the claim when she refunds you.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would send her another email asking her where the refund is basically. If she doesn't respond to you I would escalate the claim (if you haven't done so already). Hopefully that lights a fire under her butt!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote