Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Am I expecting too much?

I ordered one custom fitted diaper from a WAHM (not a new WAHM but a fairly well known one). I ordered it on 2/10 and at first the expected ship date was 3/3. Then it got moved to 3/10. Now expected ship date on the custom list is the 20th and I'm still far down on the list from people whose items are being cut and sewn. I understand things come up that hinder available sewing time but I just had a very busy, very booked WAHM make me 15 fitteds in the same amount of time. I haven't gotten any emails or anything explaining why I keep getting pushed back and on the customs wait list page it says orders are taking 3-4 weeks but if she does get my diaper out on the 20th, it will have been 5 and a half weeks. I just don't get saying it will take less time than it obviously is and not communicating with your customers. Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I expecting too much?

I know the feeling. I'm waiting on a custom fitted...but its shipping from Canada so I knew it was going to take a while. Its so hard to wait when its fluffy mail.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Shoot I had a mama take 3.5 months to make 6 dozen wipes-and they were suppose to be Boyish but 3/4 of them were super girly. Plus she forgot the babylegs with my order as well. I just don't know what a "reasonable" about of time is to wait esp if you already paid and things go bad. Then you wouldn't be able to file with PP. I now just stick with instock and my friends that are crafty for items. Though I would love a few custom things. *sigh*
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry. I hope it gets worked out. That seems like a really long time for 1 diaper.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree it sounds like a really long time esp with no communication! I would be asking why I kept getting bumped back!!!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am sorry, mama! I have had really horrible experiences with bith FSOT & WAHMs lately and it is making me really sad. It is turning me off a bit to the whole WAHM world (especially customs). It just seems that customer service had been suffering lately.

If I were you, I would contact her and ask about the delay and the lack of communication. Tell her what you expect and don't back down (politely, of course ) If she seems rude, defensive or unwilling to help you out I would ask for a refund.

Good luck!
emmaluv+1more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man! I haven't done any customs with moms on here, but I have through Facebook/Hyena cart (well she sends people to her HC when she is selling). She always has 4-5 custom spots that people can try to get and she literall starts them immediately...and she has little kids. I don't know how she gets them done so fast, but I got my custom OS diaper about a week or less after ordering (she gives about a 2 week or so time frame to be able to do it). If I were you I think I would just ask for a refund because it's really not fair to be pushed back so many times and to wait...especially with no explanation.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
Crystalftw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaluv+1more View Post
I am sorry, mama! I have had really horrible experiences with bith FSOT & WAHMs lately and it is making me really sad. It is turning me off a bit to the whole WAHM world (especially customs). It just seems that customer service had been suffering lately.

If I were you, I would contact her and ask about the delay and the lack of communication. Tell her what you expect and don't back down (politely, of course ) If she seems rude, defensive or unwilling to help you out I would ask for a refund.

Good luck!
This.
Esp. the bolded- when i first started cding in '04 99% of the wahms where top-notch and you had no reason to worry. Now it seems like every mama is a wahm and there is no quality control. How they do business is perfectly acceptable bc it just is.
<3-Crystal *Radically on fire for Christ!* Continually thanking the Lord for my Navy man & 5 children; my First-Born Son(7), my Surprise Pretty Girl 4/15/11, & my 3 in heaven. My blessed life!!Get the "swag" wag!
Crystalftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
wackifamily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been experiencing very slow production and deliveries from WAHM's as well Mama! But Sadly, we put up with it, so they can keep doing it. I definitely have some WAHMS that I just wont purchase from anymore, sadly.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think you're expecting too much. That's an awful long time for one diaper... I would shoot the WAHM an e-mail and just ask what's up with the shipping time. Tell her that you're a little puzzled why you keep getting bumped down the list.

I hope you get your diaper soon!