Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
Tami
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I expecting too much?

Bumping you down the list without communicating isn't cool. My guess is she's waiting for supplies or something she needs to complete your order but she should give you a heads up and the option to refund. I'd shoot her a quick email to see what the deal is.

Advertisement

Tami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
kgreeng
Registered Users

My Mood:

IMO, a wahm should not be taking money for a custom that she is not ready to start NOW. If she can't ship your diaper this week, I would ask for a refund and take your business elsewhere. 5 weeks is not an acceptable time to wait for someone to sew one diaper. Too many wahms are taking on huge lists for customs and then find out they just can't churn stuff out that quickly. Many burn out and end up closing. And sadly, a few have just vanished without ever filling the orders they have taken money for because they are just overwhelmed.

Marie ; SAHM to 2.
kgreeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreeng View Post
IMO, a wahm should not be taking money for a custom that she is not ready to start NOW. If she can't ship your diaper this week, I would ask for a refund and take your business elsewhere. 5 weeks is not an acceptable time to wait for someone to sew one diaper. Too many wahms are taking on huge lists for customs and then find out they just can't churn stuff out that quickly. Many burn out and end up closing. And sadly, a few have just vanished without ever filling the orders they have taken money for because they are just overwhelmed.
I agree with all of this!

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #14
luvnmyboys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2muncher
seller
seller

My Mood:

i would just ask for a refund. i have only had one good experience with wahm diapers. i don't think it's acceptable to add to your wait time with no communication.
luvnmyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #15
rebelmommy
Unresolved transaction issue! Removed from FSOT and co-ops

My Mood:

I had that problem here recently with my first custom diaper purchase. It took way too long without communication.
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Amethyst - Mommy to Hunter 6.28.07 and Willow 12.06.10 Recovering from home life issues and hoping to regain the memories lost from multiple seizures. I am trying to fix things and resolve negative transactions. Please PM me if you have any questions or issues. Thanks!
rebelmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #16
nikiahunt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah. That blows. I understand. I HATE this issue. A big reason for me is that I ordered custom longies for my LO when he was born and by the time I got them (3 months later) They didn't fit anymore!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #17
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreeng View Post

If a WAHM tells me I will have my diaper/s in X amount of time and has my money, then I expect that time frame to be honored. If it's not, then obviously the WHAM is biting off more than she can chew. I am usually very patient, however I have had more than one custom go bad that I'm just about done with them. It's so much easier to buy in-stock items. If it's just one diaper and you really want it...then I would wait it out. You have every reason to ask for your money back, it just depends on how badly you want the diaper.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #18
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I won't do a custom if the wait time is more than 4 weeks. I personally think it should be against the rules here. You need enough time to ship the diapers and recieve them before the 45 day cutoff. If I were you, unless I really needed that diaper for some rrason, Id ask for a refund and either ask to keep your spot and pay once she actually starts your custom (to give you a new 45 day window) or just go elsewhere. If she is that backed up, she should stop taking orders for a while.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaluv+1more View Post
I am sorry, mama! I have had really horrible experiences with bith FSOT & WAHMs lately and it is making me really sad. It is turning me off a bit to the whole WAHM world (especially customs). It just seems that customer service had been suffering lately.

If I were you, I would contact her and ask about the delay and the lack of communication. Tell her what you expect and don't back down (politely, of course ) If she seems rude, defensive or unwilling to help you out I would ask for a refund.

Good luck!
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #20
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks everyone. I knew it was a little odd to be waiting this long for one diaper when I've had much larger orders done in less time. I really, really want this diaper though because it's the only WAHM I've seen with this print. I guess I will shoot her an email and see what's the hold up. I hate confronting people.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote