Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
hcg dropped 60 points

Guess I am leaving guys, My hcg dropped from 380 to 327

Advertisement

Last edited by pretzelpirate07; 03-16-2011 at 10:10 AM.
pretzelpirate07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: advice :(

I am so sorry that you are concerned. They should have been able to a gestational sac, beside that, depending on how far along you are there might not be more to see. Fetal pole could be seen but doesn't have to. It would be early for the heartbeat. Your betas were they taken 48 hours apart? They sounded good. I think you have to wait for the blood results from today to exclude an ectopic or a viable pregnancy. Hang in there. I assume the equipment your OB is using is very new/ good since you were talking high risk.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

My pregnancy was not confirmed via ultrasound until 7 weeks.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't say that you should have seen something, I know alot of people do at that time. However I also know of people that see nothing til 13 weeks! Yes 13 weeks! Search misdiagnosed miscarriage. They have lots of info about early u/s's. After reading all that I won't hold weight in them if they aren't "normal".
I hope the numbers are good and your little one is just hiding.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

don't lose hope just yet. 5 weeks 3 days is still really early to see much of anything in there. sometimes you see a sac by that point, but sometimes not. I had an ultrasound at 5 w 3 d and there was a sac, but nothing else. he's now 3 years old
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No advice mama but we are in similar situations so I just thought I'd send some I'm only 3 - 4 ish weeks and bleeding and waiting on test results.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SO depending on my levels tomorrow I am either earlier then thought, baby didnt develop at all ,or i am having an ectopic.
Week 5 - Gestational Age (Fetal age 3 weeks)

Development
The gestational sac is often the first thing that most transvaginal ultrasounds can detect at about 5 weeks. This is seen before a recognizable embryo can be seen. Within this week, at about week 5 to the beginning of the 6th week, a yolk sac can be seen inside the gestational sac. The yolk sac will be the earliest source of nutrients for the developing fetus.

Hormones
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels can have quite a bit of variance at this point. Anything from 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml is considered normal at 5 weeks. Once the levels have reached at least 2000, some type of development is expected to be seen in the uterus using high resolution vaginal ultrasound. If using a transabdominal ultrasound, some type of development should be seen when the hCG level has reached 3600 mIU/ml. Although development may be seen earlier, these levels provide a guide of when something is expected to be seen.

Progesterone levels also can have quite a variance at this stage of pregnancy. They can range from 9-47ng/ml in the first trimester, with an average of 12-20ng/ml in the first 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.

Last edited by pretzelpirate07; 03-15-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
pretzelpirate07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my first two betas were 48 hours
March 7 125
March 9 450
March 15 don't know yet dr says should be at least 1800 BUT my math says it should be 3600 today and still is too early to see anything on ultrasound then, my next ultrasound is next thursday levels should be if they double every 2 days

Last edited by pretzelpirate07; 03-15-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
I can't say that you should have seen something, I know alot of people do at that time. However I also know of people that see nothing til 13 weeks! Yes 13 weeks! Search misdiagnosed miscarriage. They have lots of info about early u/s's. After reading all that I won't hold weight in them if they aren't "normal".
I hope the numbers are good and your little one is just hiding.
)

I would bet the people who didn't see anything till 13 weeks weren't scanned between weeks 5 and 13. A 12 week old fetus can't hide from US unless it's not in the uterus.

OP- there is still lots of hope You are still very early and depending on how accurate your dates are, 24hours make a HUGE difference at this point in the game!
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

That seems awful early for the doctors to be concerned about not seeing anything. I had an ultrasound with dd and at what should have been 5 weeks and they saw nothing ,but the told me to come back in a week and there she was. Even if you are off by a few days it would be too little to see still. I would just relax and wait for the numbers,some babies are good hiders.