Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Please tell me it's not starting..

The INSOMNIA that is! I already suffer with awful insomnia, have since I was a little girl..but it is made 1000x worse when pregnant. It is 3 am and I can't sleep, even though I am SO tired. I am only 4.5 weeks. I already take a 1/2 unisom every night (I sometimes take a whole one but try to use the least amount possible), and that's the ONLY way I can sleep. But when I was pregnant with my last DD even that didn't help. I am praying this is just a fluke. i do not deal well with no sleep. Especially now I have a baby (almost 1) to take care of, 3 other kiddos, and prego. UGHHHH

So here I am 3 am house is quiet and I can't sleep. When i get like this evrything bugs me. My feet start itching. I have to pee 10 bajillion times. It's too hot. It's too cold. My arms falling asleep. The train went by. The cat outside is meowing (randon cat who always comes and meows!). and on and on. you get the picture. help!

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me it's not starting..

Oh. my. god. I could have written your post, word for word. I have been like this the past 4 nights now. And i have had insomnia issues as far back as I can remember, like <10 years old. I am exhausted... but I lie there unable to sleep. I get up numerous times, go and sit on the computer, have a cup of warm milk... and sometimes i resort to half a glass of wine or beer even, because it's better than not sleeping and being unable to function the next day! I have been like this every single pregnancy so far.. and it is the most frustrating and annoying part of being pregnant for me.

I am totally there with you...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

sorry you are right there with me it sucks! I dont wish it on anyone!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm there with you. It's just the general uncomfortableness that keeps me up. Or stress. Or anxiety. I've always had it. And I apparently have that "Restless Legs Syndrome."

I usually turn on the TV to something silly like Nick at Nite or QVC. QVC at night is great because the hosts have really soothing voices and the TV doesn't flash colors or change very much. It's like white noise. It helps me turn my brain off.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

that's a great idea except i dont have cable. do have tv though, but just use it for dvd's.