Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Jacksmom716
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What's the latest you've been for AF, with a negative HPT?

Sooooo....
Basically, I'm 6 days late for AF, but I've taken a zillion and a half (ok only 27 ) pregnancy tests. 24 of them were before AF was due (last Thursday). I took one, Fri, Sun, Mon. ALL NEGATIVE

So, here's my question....
How many days late with AF were you, before you finally tested postive on a HPT? Were there any mamas out there that tested negative even after they missed there period, but were in fact pregnant?

I don't have my hopes up, but I was just curious. My BFF was TTC and having a few issues. She tested negative on 2 HPTs and a blood test at the md's, and they only found out because they did an ultrasound to "assess" her uterus/ovaries!!

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's the latest you've been for AF, with a negative HPT?

subbing, and adding that I went through this about 6mos ago. My cycle was 41 days when it was normally 28-30. Never got a bfp, just a really late AF. I am currently on cd36 and got a BFN 2 days ago. I will be testing again tomorrow, but, like you, am not getting my hopes up.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Jacksmom716
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been so sick for a few days now, nauseous and cramping so bad I'm in tears if I try to move. I've never been in so much pain before in my lower back and ovaries. I had pretty bad cramping in the first few weeks of pregnancy with DS, but this is so bad I almost called an ambulance last night

I just want AF to show up, or get a BFP so I at least know what's going on
Old 03-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I was over a week late once because I was very sick. I've read that your body does that when your immune system is low. It sounds to me like you might have ovarian cysts mama, and that might mean that you haven't even ovulated. It's VERY painful. I'd see your doctor asap. They can confirm it with a quick ultrasound.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmom716 View Post
I have been so sick for a few days now, nauseous and cramping so bad I'm in tears if I try to move. I've never been in so much pain before in my lower back and ovaries. I had pretty bad cramping in the first few weeks of pregnancy with DS, but this is so bad I almost called an ambulance last night

I just want AF to show up, or get a BFP so I at least know what's going on
I know how you feel! I just want to know what the deal is! With your other symptoms I may see a doctor if I were you though, that pain sounds pretty serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I was over a week late once because I was very sick. I've read that your body does that when your immune system is low. It sounds to me like you might have ovarian cysts mama, and that might mean that you haven't even ovulated. It's VERY painful. I'd see your doctor asap. They can confirm it with a quick ultrasound.
Yes, I've had cysts and they would always rupture right before my period. They were a lot like what PP was describing. After I had DS I haven't had one since though.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Jacksmom716
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used and OPK and it said I was ovulating, a few weeks ago, and then last week I started cramping normal like AF was arriving right when she was due. Then this past weekend it has been horrendous, and I think the pain is what is making me sick. I have endometriosis, which flares up during ovulation and right before AF, and sometimes the pain can be crippling, but this is unbearable. I'm going to try to get in to see MD, hopefully Friday....At this point, I really don't care what the diagnosis is, just that they can give me some answers!!
Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

For me, I was 17dpo (about 4-5 days late for my period) before I got a BFP.
I tested at 13dpo and 15dpo and got BFN's. I thought that the IC's I was using were faulty, but I used more from that batch after I got my BFP on a FRER and they came up + too!

Good luck!
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote