Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Enfamil Newborn vs Infant

Wow! They have a newborn version now? Last I knew they had the infant and then Toddler. I am outta the loop!

Advertisement

Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
ransom
Registered Users

i've used it way longer than 3 months... hasn't hurt at all.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
smom050811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine has a ?5 month old? and she's still using it. I just gave her the samples they keep sending me and her DD is doing great!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
smom050811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #14
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thread crashing- what if the hospital sent my foster baby home with enfamil newborn, and I already have lots of Enfamil Gentlease in the house. When the Newborn formula runs out, can I just start the Gentleease? Or should I continue with newborn? Thanks, experts!
poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #15
cassieandmy2boys
Registered Users
seller

I think it would be fine to go to the Gentlease, BUT I think it is more expensive and then you might need to continue to buy that and not just the lipil. It all depends on the baby, some can switch formulas fine and others have a hard time. If it is a foster baby don't they pay for the formula anyways? If it was me I would use the newborn and then the regular enfamil lipil.
cassieandmy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NEWBORN FORMULA AND THE PREMIUM INFANT (YELLOW CAN) FORMULA. The key difference, according to Enfamil when I called them, is the whey to cassien (probably spelled that wrong) ratio. My son can tolerate the newborn but not the regular premium and the pediatrician told me that we can use any formula we want as long as it has iron in it and is not soy-based since ds doesn't have any known milk allergy (I do. But I also have an allergy to soy so Thank God, ds doesn't... so far).
Premium lipil gives ds really bad gas. We only tried it once when I was having lactation problems but will NEVER use it again....he cried and passed painful loud gas all night long!
And ds flat out refuses to drink Gentlease...opens his mouth really wide around the nipple, starts pushing the formula out of his mouth with his tongue, and makes gagging noises. Very comical but I won't put him through it again.
Still using the Newborn, though not exclusively, at 4 months+ without a problem. (ds is breastfed during the day and formula fed at night. We are slowly weaning from Mommy to formula....will be solely on formula at 6 months.) Hope this helps.

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 04-29-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiSapphireJade View Post
The only difference that I know of is the Newborn version has more Vitamin D. I have never used the Newborn version as it didn't exist when my kids were that age (it is pretty new). I would say to get whichever one is easiest for you. I don't think they are different prices or anything, so if you are paying out of pocket and want to do the Newborn for a few months and then switch to Infant that would be fine. However, if you are getting it from someone else (like in my case WIC) and they only give the Infant version I don't think your LO will be harmed or anything like that. Whatever works.

And, I'm not 100% but I think the a baby is considered a Newborn until they are 4-6 weeks old.
According to my son's pediatrician, a baby is considered a newborn til they turn 4 months old.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
PinkSapphire87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
According to my son's pediatrician, a baby is considered a newborn til they turn 4 months old.
Yeah I have heard this as well.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, fully vaxing, attachment parenting, still in school, forever studying, and burning the candle at both ends but loving life and enjoying my girls!
PinkSapphire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
I just googled it and it said an infant is considered a newborn until they are 6 weeks old. That is where I got the info from, as I wasn't 100% sure.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #20
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm sure they're same-ish.

Newborns until 4 months, infant until 6, I believe. Baby after that, then toddler.

We used enfamil, mostly infant, but some newborn. but I couldn't get the newborn in the newer packaging (the bags, as opposed to the cans), as they were always sold out or something. So I just stuck with infant, I think, mostly.

I don't remember any difference in how my child reacted or digested it. I have noticed a huge difference between how she digested enfamil and generics though. But I won't hyjack your thread
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote