Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
chels_c2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where's my refund question?

Here is the message I got when I went to see why we haven't gotten our refund yet.
We have received your tax return and it is being reviewed. You will receive a notice from us requesting additional information from you. When you receive the notice, please provide the requested information within 30 days. You may not receive all or a part of your refund until we receive and review the information we requested from you. If you need more information after you receive our notice, call the number on the notice.

I have no idea why there would be any issues our return is fairly straight forward. I really want to get our return so we can pay off some debt.

My DH called the irs office yesterday and they said they had 90 days!!!! to get back to us about why.

Has anyone had this happen before? How long did it take?

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where's my refund question?

Could it be an audit? Sounds a bit daunting.. or maybe it's just a stall tactic with how busy they have been. Have your previous years been very straight forward too? Maybe this one was very different from previous years and made it auto flagged?

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

did you change your filing status from last year? Are you sure everything is correct? I've had that happen to me before and it was a little mistake and got it resolved quickly
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
chels_c2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It is pretty similiar to our return last year. My DH accountant at work did it. After we found this out. He rechecked all of the numbers and couldn't find a mistake. So I don't know.
Mrs Brady- How long did it take to here from them about what the mistake was?

I just wish we could be on to resolving this whatever the issues was.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had this happen with a mistyped information, ours was a social security number. Quickly resolved and processed (about 2 more weeks). We've also been audited for years past (not the same year of our return). It took over 6 months to resolve with the IRS with tons of forms sent registered mail and a lot of phone calls. Make sure to track/document all your communication with them. ID numbers of the person you talked with and for any information sent it in a registered or certified mail.

But I wouldn't count on getting the refund anytime soon. If it's a really large amount adjust your W4s so you don't give them money when you don't have to.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is doing the same thing. :/ Really frustrating. I legally changed my name this past year. We've been married since 06 but I only got around to changing my legal name to his last name THIS past year... I'm thinking that could be the reason?
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine says:

We have received your tax return and it is being processed.

If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
A copy of this page.
A copy of your tax return.
The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
Tell the representative that it has been more than 21 days since you filed your return.
Please mention reference number 1301 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
chels_c2000
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That seems like more info than we are getting. We had our daughter this last year but that is the only big change. The only other thing different if that my parent's cashed in a whole life insurance policy that they had on me and because of the laws it had to go on our tax return but we had a form that was pretty staight forward. But that just made me think. The form was in my maiden name. Could that me the problem?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels_c2000 View Post
That seems like more info than we are getting. We had our daughter this last year but that is the only big change. The only other thing different if that my parent's cashed in a whole life insurance policy that they had on me and because of the laws it had to go on our tax return but we had a form that was pretty staight forward. But that just made me think. The form was in my maiden name. Could that me the problem?
That sounds like it could be the problem. I hope they let you know soon so you can get things moving.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a partial refund and the same message on wheres my refund. I'm thinking i need to add a piece of evidence from Dd's adoption, I thought I had it all covered. I called the accountant ans asked her, she said wait and see whats in the letter they send.