Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Check out dd's amazing bed! UPDATE - Pics, post 37!

I think it took over a month to finally get it exactly the way we want it, but I'm so excited! It's going to ship Apr 8th by freight, so I am guessing we'll get it the week of April 18th. It's for dd's third birthday. It's a bit of a tradition that all of our kids get a new bedroom when they turn 3.

Here's the link: http://www.cedarworks.com/preview/v3d/1006794-3 It takes a while to load, just FYI.

It's going to take up the entire room, but it's also a great indoor playset for all the kids, so that doesn't bother me. And, there will be less mess in there, too, because there won't be a lot of crap all over.

I'm thinking about getting this bedding to match, because it has trees and birds like the bed. WDYT? http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...=dgirls-quilts I'm hesitating because dd loves purple, and it's not purple.

Update 4-15

The freight company is delivering it today! The older kids, dh and I are very excited. Dd doesn't have a clue. she's probably wondering why we took everything out of her room and steam cleaned it yesterday, but that's about it.

I think it's going to be a snap to put together. Dh is pretty handy, and it looks like it's just going to be square pieces you screw together. I am a bit worried about getting it up to her room from the driveway, especially the slide. Supposedly none of the boxes are over 60 pounds, so that's doable, but I wonder how many of them there are.

I'll definitely post pics when I can!

Advertisement

Last edited by Minniebees; 04-18-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Check out dd's amazing bed!

I can't see it since I'm on my iPad....no flash player
Sigh. But I see it's from cedar works. They make cool indoor climbers! Lucky kiddo! I demand pics!! Lol!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG! I want to be your kid, lol! That is awesome mama. I would love to have something like that in our house just for a rainy day thing to do.
Please come back and update with pics once you get it all put together.
That bedding is super cute too. What a lucky little girl.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Zappa
Registered Users
seller

That is fantastic. She is going to love it! I agree with the others that pics when you get it set up are required.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK. Help me out in interpreting the computer model. The black panels are...? Chalk boards? Panels that are black? Will it be backed up against a wall or in the middle of the room?

I love the cutouts! I think those are my favorite parts. And what are you going to put where? I actually see two places for mattresses.

What fun it is! It's got my wheels turning for my younger two.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

target has a cute bedding set called love & nature:
http://www.target.com/Circo-Love-Nat.../dp/B0025V83RO

we have it & love it

love the bedroom set!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
TanajaPerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

awesome! we were thinking of going with a cederworks bed for our kiddos as well when we move to a bigger place.

new blog. come visit me!
http://mainlybraids.blogspot.com
TanajaPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
Minniebees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
OK. Help me out in interpreting the computer model. The black panels are...? Chalk boards? Panels that are black? Will it be backed up against a wall or in the middle of the room?

I love the cutouts! I think those are my favorite parts. And what are you going to put where? I actually see two places for mattresses.

What fun it is! It's got my wheels turning for my younger two.
The black panels are chalkboards, and I think they are double sided, so they can use them inside and out. My kids love to color, so we thought they'd enjoy these. I mean, seriously, my entire back patio and all of our windows are completely covered in drawings.

The bed is going to go against the wall. So, when you walk in the room, the slide will be on the left, and the tower will be on the right. In the bottom of the tower we put a door, so it can be a playhouse. We chose the 60 quad tower because the first deck is about 5 feet high, so it will be plenty big enough for the kids to stand and play in for a long time. i think I am going to move the play kitchen in to the bottom of the tower. And then we used the fish panels so they could pretend it's a boat, too. We chose the medium height bed, because we wanted the biggest slide they offered. The slide is going to end up right at the door alcove (the room is square, but with the area where the door to the room is jutting out a few feet), but there's going to be about 3 feet to spare, so I think it's OK.

Technically, it's a single bed, but we're going to put another twin mattress on the bottom. I think dd is going to sleep down there for another couple of years. I am all about flexible sleeping arrangements in the kids' rooms because they like to room swap so much.

It's going to be great to have an indoor place for them to play in this summer. It rains here alot, and it's already almost 90 degrees today, so being able to play inside will be a nice option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threestraycats View Post
target has a cute bedding set called love & nature:
http://www.target.com/Circo-Love-Nat.../dp/B0025V83RO

we have it & love it

love the bedroom set!
It is really cute. What kind of quality are the sheets? I'm really picky about sheets.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
foreternity
Registered Users
seller

Those are amazing! Out of curiosity, what sort of price would something like that go for?
foreternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Minniebees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll send you a PM.