Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Easy/inexpensive freezer recipes

Can you give me some great recipes (they don't have to even be that great....lol) that I can make all this week and freeze? Preferably something that is EASY, doesn't require a billion ingrediants, and doesn't require lots of expensive ingrediants? Also, meet recipes are fine...as long as I can substitute the meat you use with deer meat. I have deer roast, steaks, jerky, hamburger, tenderloin and thats it.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easy/inexpensive freezer recipes

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Christy's OAMC

I love that site and a lot of the recipes on there are pretty simple, though some of them can be slightly bland (the chicken and rice bake is like this... I added extra paprika and fresh rosemary and it was much better!)

There's a Chicken and Rice Wrap that's super easy to make and are a great throw in the microwave when hungry type of meal. Under the Crockpot section is Crockpot Chili that we've made a number of times with ground venison that's DELICIOUS! Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients... it's mostly opening cans and dumping them into a really large bowl to mix around.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

My plan is to have plenty of those frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer. I can thaw them and grill, put in crockpot w/ cream of chicken soup, bake in the oven w/ COC soup or BBQ sauce, or a number of other things that are fairly simple to do with baby in the sling. I also use the crockpot for roasts (top w/ cream of mushroom soup). I need to make up a bunch of hambergers to freeze since that is DH's favorite meal, and I will also have several lbs of hamberger meat already cooked and ready to add to spaghetti, manwich, tacos or taco salad, ect. I may also do a few frozen pizzas since the family seems to prefer my homemade pizza over the storebought ones.

We don't eat a lot of casseroles, so most things I make are pretty simple meat w/ a side of potatoes (I normallly make enough to reheat 3x), rice or mac and cheese. We eat a lot of fresh veggies but DH can cut those up as we need them.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

I make Vegegable/Beef soup a lot and it freezes really well. Pretty much, I brown a pound or two of whatever "ground" meat I have on hand (beef, turkey, pork, deer would work, too), throw in a quart of some kind of broth or stock (again, whatever is cheapest is what we do... chicken, beef, veg...). Drain meat and put into stew pot with broth or stock. I then add 3 tablespoons or so of dried/minced onion (or a medium fresh onion chopped), salt, and pepper. Then I just add whatever veg I want to put in. In the winter, it's usually canned/frozen stuff. I like to use corn, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, tomatoes (or Ro-Tel if you want a little move zip), Yellow squash, zucchini, potatoes, beans... pretty much anything goes. It's never turned out badly, and I've used many different combos. Depending on my mood, sometimes I'll throw in some pasta and sometimes a handful of rice just to add some grain to the mix. Simmer for awhile... or until you think everything has cooked through. I usually let flavors mix for an hour or so, and then serve. Whatever is left (or the entirety of the batch if you want) can go in the freezer. Can make as large or as small of a batch as you'd like--Mine usually fills up our largest cooking pot, and makes *many* meals of leftovers.
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you want to PM me your email addy, I can fwd you a bunch that a friend just sent me. I know it includes chicken pot pies...mmmmm
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hey, just thought of one thing for those of us who will be nursing... don't add a bunch of spices and mark things that have dairy in them incase you need to get rid of dairy in your diet! I've had a baby that had nursing issues, and had to really watch what I ate! Certain foods can cause gas in baby!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller