Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingstrength View Post
I have had 4 babies and 4 miscarriages. Between baby 2 and 3 I had 2 miscarriages....and I was so low. I worked at a maternity store. I had a lady come in to buy nursing bras and brought her new little son. We started to talk, and I said I was actually in the process of miscarrying a very much wanted baby. And that I didn't think I'd ever get pregnant again. She told me she miscarried 4 times before this, her FIRST child. I was in awe. And she told me that a woman she didn't know told her not to worry her time would come, and she was now telling me. And now I'm telling you.
Thank you, mama!

Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

I had an early miscarriage in Nov '07. I conceived 2 weeks later and had an easy pregnancy, delivered a fat baby girl. Then I got pregnant 4 months later and had another wee one 12 months after my last was born. Now I am expecting another.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually lost my first baby at 19 weeks due to a chromosomal abnormality. It was a heart-wrecking time but we did start trying again. About 4 months after losing my first baby, we became pregnant again. I was TERRIFIED especially until past the 20 week mark, however I had a fabulous midwife team who understood my needs and were more than willing to help me out. Another poster mentioned a doppler that you can use at home. I don't know where I would have been without that. And don't be afraid to lean on your medical team. I literally showed up at 5 (when they close) and proceeded to have a breakdown, everyone was more than willing to reassure me, let me hear the baby, and to just talk to me. Now my lo is 15 months old and a holy terror!
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #14
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage in August, the day after my son's birthday. I had been so excited to see the two lines and we always talked about "bean". I started bleeding the day after I hit 6 weeks. It was the most emotionally devastating thing to go through.
We knew we wanted another child very badly though and two weeks later we conceived the baby girl I am carrying now. There is hope, mama.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #15
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first pregnancy I had a partial molar and went in for my 12 week scan thinking all was good - I had a D&C that evening. Afterwards I had a really hard time getting pregnant and I always blamed myself - never thought in my silly female mind that it could very well have been my Ex! Now with SO, I got pregnant with healthy twin boys and last year a healthy baby girl. Both pregnancies in my 30's.

Any loss is devastating but try to think positive and often it happens when you least expect it (my twins were NOT planned at all but the best surprise ever).
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #16
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

My first pregnancy was a complete surprise...hubby and I thought we weren't quite ready to dive into parenthood. But, after my bfp, we got really excited and started to mentally prepare for being parents. At 12 weeks, and the day after flying down and surprising my parents with the news, I started spotting and ended up loosing the baby. It was positively devastating. I was all over the map...mad at my body, heartbroken over loosing the baby, confused as to why it had to happen. It was quite a journey for us. But, 7 months later, I became pregnant again, and even though it was a nerve wracking 9 months, I had our DS who is now 20mo. I am also 18wks pregnant now, and still have fears and uncertainties but am so excited to be growing our family.

After a loss, I don't think those fears ever go away, but I do think that they do fade with time and become less and less. Hugs momma! I had to come to a peace about our loss and it was only then that I felt that I could move on and try again. Good luck!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #17
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

Oops! Double post!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #18
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage prior to my oldest son.

I actually found out I was pregnant (again) with my oldest son on what would have been my due date from the pregnancy I lost. After a completely uneventful pregnancy I had my, now, 6 year old son. I also went on to have 2 more healthy children. Only the 1 m/c

Once in a while I think about the baby I lost but I think if I hadn't lost that baby I wouldn't have my son and I cannot imagine my life without him!

It will happen for you...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had 4 miscarriages before I had my son. I was feeling like it was never going to happen, it took me over a full year to even get pregnant again between each one. But my son is living proof that it is more than possible. Not only did I have a wonderfully normal healthy pregnancy, I had an 11 lb 7 oz, baby which led my dr to the conclusion that I am a dang good incubator. It is very possible to have a healthy pregnancy after. It's hard to deal with while you are going through it, but there are lots of us who it has worked for when the time is right.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had a total of 6 miscarrages (5 at under 6 weeks ans one at 12 weeks). All previous to conceving and carrying to FT my ODD. I had 4 with my EX and 2 with my husband, then our beautiful 3 year old (TODAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY) and as soon as we started trying for YDD I was immediately pregnant (within a week) I fully expected to loose YDD before 12-13 weeks like all of the previous ones, so I didn't really get "into being pregnant" until we passed her 14 week mark. She has some issues, but none life threatening and all workable. She is a thriving beautiful 10 month old now.

Any loss is extremely hard emotionally and physically (I did all of mine naturally with no D&C) but we finally have 2 beautiful smart healthy (for the most part) girls who are the light of my life.