Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #21
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

I had two boys back to back (13 months apart) and got pregnant again when my youngest was 11 months old. I had an uneventful pregnancy until 15 weeks and had an appt. and the baby had no heartbeat. I had a d and c and got my cycle back a month later. I was pregnant again 4 months after my d and c. I spotted during this pregnancy and was convinced I was losing another baby. However, my ds3 is 11 months old today and such a blessing. It can be so scary going through a pregnancy after a loss/losses, but there is many hopeful stories. Wishing baby dust to you!

Advertisement

Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #22
AshtonsMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage (super early....like i was 5 weeks pregnant). I got pregnant with my son the next month and had NO problems. I have 2 perfectly healthy boys. Although in my 3rd pregnancy (DS2) I did have some spotting early on and thought I was having another miscarriage, but it was just implantation bleeding.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

I had an early m/c in August, waited for my AF to show up again, and oops! Got pregnant. It was terrifying, I was not emotionally healed at all. But we were so happy we got pregnant so soon, we were scared it would never happen again. It has been a wonderfully uncomplicated pregnancy so far, but I will not be completely satisfied until I hold my baby girl in my arms and bring her home.

I am so sorry you had to suffer a m/c. It just plain sucks. Hopefully you will heal quickly, find the strength to try again, get a BFP and make it through the first trimester without a nervous breakdown!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
wendow
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry for your loss mama

I had three healthy pregnancies and then I had a miscarriage at 9 1/2 weeks. It was devastating for me to go through that. And no one else understood what I was dealing with except other women who had suffered the same thing. As scared as I was to get pregnant again, my best healing came from being pregnant again. I was terrified all through the 1st trimester of losing another baby. I am currently 39 weeks though so I am almost done and will be holding my sweet baby soon.

GL to you mama! Don't let fear hold you back
Old 03-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #25
rockchikcassie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage with my very first pregnancy and it really changed the way I look at being pregnant. It was an absolutely horrible experience. I have a 3 year old son now and am 31 weeks pregnant with another now. Both pregnancies have been completely normal! I'm with you on being a half empty kind of person, but I find that it makes me more aware of the baby and makes me take care of myself a little better while pregnant. My son was born at 40 weeks weighing just at 9lbs and healthy. I'm not going to lie I worried a lot during that pregnancy for obvious reasons and didn't much enjoy the pregnancy but this time around has been wonderful. I have fully enjoyed my pregnancy this time around and have left the worrying at the door. It is great to just be able to enjoy the upcoming arrival of my baby without stressing. I say don't worry or stress, it makes for a much more pleasant and positive experience!
rockchikcassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #26
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all of these encouraging stories!! I also had pre-eclampsia with my daughter and had to be induced early, so I was already a bit nervous about being pregnant again, and then I had the loss. I am just ready for it to be over and it hasn't even begun yet! I really appreciate you girls helping me to keep positive, though. It really does help!
https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #27
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First pregnancy I miscarried at 6 weeks. Got pregnant again within a few months and went on to have an easy pregnancy. DD is almost six. Three years later I had an ectopic that was removed laporoscopically. I was anxious to get pregnant again and did about 9 months later. I was so excited because that baby was due during the summer when I would be off from school. I was devestated when I lost that baby at 12 weeks. It took a lot of courage, but we tried again and got pregnant 4 months later. I was hesitant to get really emotionally involved until we were well past 12 weeks. Things went along fine, but I really didn't relax until I was in my third trimester. I went on to have a prrfect pregnancy and home water birth to welcome my sweet little guy! Everytime I look at his face, I think back to everything that happened, and tell myself that it was all worth it. It doesn't feel like it at the time, but God always provides. I'm so grateful for both of them!

Last edited by marvelous; 03-20-2011 at 11:01 PM.
marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #28
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage with my first back in 2006. It took 2 years to concieve. After the miscarriage I became pregnant 5 months later with my now 4 year old. Since then we've added another child, who is 1 years.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #29
caroferris
Registered Users
seller

I had a miscarriage before my first DD, then two after her, and now have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl...I was really losing hope but now I think maybe everything happens for a reason, I am so in love with my new little sweetheart. Hugs to you, mama.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #30
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage at 8 1/2 weeks. Once I came to terms with it and understood it in my mind, it was easier to accept. I went on to have 2 successful pregnancies and now have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 week old. I know many people who have had miscarriages before and between children and later had beautiful healthy children.
Be kind to yourself.
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote