Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #41
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

I had one miscarriage in between my two boys. I took one cycle off and then got pregnant the next cycle. I had a very easy and normal pregnancy and now he is about to turn 1.

Advertisement

Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #42
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got pregnant when dd2 was 3, and it took me about 3 weeks between the positive test and going to the midwife. By the time they sent me to a first ultrasound, there was no heartbeat (about 9.5weeks). It had never occurred to me that it could happen to ME. I mean I knew it could, but I hadn't really believed it. Like a PP, I am older- was 42. I got pregnant just about 9 months later and while I was much more nervous about that pregnancy than the previous two, I have a lovely 11 month old.
One word of caution, somehow in the months following the d&c we ended up with a dog. A very sweet dog but most days I think - what were we thinking??? Now I am stuck with the freakin' 50 lb mutt that thinks he is a lap dog. Stay away from the animal shelter websites mama! And GL.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #43
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

I had 4 pregnancies resulting in 4 healthy babies and was completely shocked and saddened to have a miscarriage at 9 weeks. Though the miscarriage appeared to be complete from all the bleeding and loss of tissue I experienced, I went on to have spotting for 7 weeks afterwards and finally ended up having to have a D & C to get "cleaned out". I was then really concerned about my fertility. During my 4th pregnancy, I had experienced bleeding from a very low-lying placenta/marginal pracenta previa, and I knew that because of the D & C, I would now be at greater risk for that to happen again.
Well, after waiting a few months after the D & C just to make sure I was completely healed and minimize the possiblity of another low-lying placenta, I got pregnant very quickly and had a completely healthy, normal pregnancy and birth.
I totally understand where you're at! I tortured myself with the "what ifs" after my miscarriage, especially when it took a couple months for me to get my period back after the D & C. I hope hearing these stories can help assure you that it is definitely possible to have a healthy pregnancy after a mc!

Kristin

Last edited by dolphingirl; 03-21-2011 at 08:23 PM.
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #44
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a miscarriage and went on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards....

Mama, although my story may sound the opposite of what you are asking for, to me - it is positive.

Our first pregnancy, I m/c - it was a missed and we found out at our 12 weeks appointment that our lo had passed at 9 weeks. I had a d&c.

2 cycles later, I became pregnant again, only to lose that lo around 5-6 weeks, naturally.

I was completely distraught wondering if I would ever be a mother. It was a dark time for me full of sorrow and sadness.

Not a month later, I began feeling symptoms I'd never felt before and took a test, it was positive. We were both very nervous until we passed the 13 week mark and then enjoyed every second of our oldest son's pregnancy. He was a healthy 6lb8oz ball of fire and still is.

We thought maybe our troubles in that deparment were over, we decided not to prevent at all and let nature take it's course. It did and when ds1 was 9 months old, I became pregnant. We were elated... until one evening I began to spot and went on to m/c that lo at 6 weeks. Devastation followed, but we were determined to not get down or be beat.

I became pregnant again before I had another cycle and we thought for sure this was the one... I made it to 8.5 weeks when I began to spot. I went on to lose that little one naturally as well.

This was complete emotionally destruction, we wondered if we'd ever have another child, if we would ever be able to give ds1 a sibling. It was one of the most difficult times of all my life.

We took a break and did a lot of testing only to find that nothing could explain our recurrent loss. We began trying a few cycles later and it took some time to become pregnant again. But on Christmas Eve we conceived again, we thought for SURE THIS was the ONE, that our Heavenly Father would finally bless us with another child. We were so nervous but trying to stay optimistic. We lost that little one at 6 weeks.

We were then referred to an RE and looked into what our options might be. We waited a few cycles and then tried in earnest naturally with no luck. We decided to try a clomid cycle and IUI and we became pregnant with a miracle. The pregnancy was wracked with emotional trauma, I was TERRIFIED I would lose this sweet little baby, but I didn't and aside from my emotional distress my pregnancy with my second son was perfect. He was born at 39w6d and was 6lb11oz of complete perfection.

When we began trying for #3, the same emotions welled up and fear began to creep back in, but we became pregnant after 4 cycles of trying and here I sit nearly 18 weeks pregnant with what appears to be so far a healthy baby.

Our family believes in miracles. Stay positive and many hugs, the road of miscarriage is a journey I would never wish on anyone, but it can change you for good, but it is also likely to jade the blissful ignorance of pregnancy forever.

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #45
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, although my story may sound the opposite of what you are asking for, to me - it is positive.

Our first pregnancy, I m/c - it was a missed and we found out at our 12 weeks appointment that our lo had passed at 9 weeks. I had a d&c.

2 cycles later, I became pregnant again, only to lose that lo around 5-6 weeks, naturally.

I was completely distraught wondering if I would ever be a mother. It was a dark time for me full of sorrow and sadness.

Not a month later, I began feeling symptoms I'd never felt before and took a test, it was positive. We were both very nervous until we passed the 13 week mark and then enjoyed every second of our oldest son's pregnancy. He was a healthy 6lb8oz ball of fire and still is.

We thought maybe our troubles in that deparment were over, we decided not to prevent at all and let nature take it's course. It did and when ds1 was 9 months old, I became pregnant. We were elated... until one evening I began to spot and went on to m/c that lo at 6 weeks. Devastation followed, but we were determined to not get down or be beat.

I became pregnant again before I had another cycle and we thought for sure this was the one... I made it to 8.5 weeks when I began to spot. I went on to lose that little one naturally as well.

This was complete emotionally destruction, we wondered if we'd ever have another child, if we would ever be able to give ds1 a sibling. It was one of the most difficult times of all my life.

We took a break and did a lot of testing only to find that nothing could explain our recurrent loss. We began trying a few cycles later and it took some time to become pregnant again. But on Christmas Eve we conceived again, we thought for SURE THIS was the ONE, that our Heavenly Father would finally bless us with another child. We were so nervous but trying to stay optimistic. We lost that little one at 6 weeks.

We were then referred to an RE and looked into what our options might be. We waited a few cycles and then tried in earnest naturally with no luck. We decided to try a clomid cycle and IUI and we became pregnant with a miracle. The pregnancy was wracked with emotional trauma, I was TERRIFIED I would lose this sweet little baby, but I didn't and aside from my emotional distress my pregnancy with my second son was perfect. He was born at 39w6d and was 6lb11oz of complete perfection.

When we began trying for #3, the same emotions welled up and fear began to creep back in, but we became pregnant after 4 cycles of trying and here I sit nearly 18 weeks pregnant with what appears to be so far a healthy baby.

Our family believes in miracles. Stay positive and many hugs, the road of miscarriage is a journey I would never wish on anyone, but it can change you for good, but it is also likely to jade the blissful ignorance of pregnancy forever.

5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #46
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm currently 29 weeks into a healthy pregnancy almost immediately following a M/C. It definitely can happen and can turn out just fine
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #47
MaeghanAlyson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage and afterward I was told I would not be able to have any more children. I went in for pre-surgical blood work to prepare for my partial hysterectomy and that is when I found out I was pregnant. Then a few weeks later I found out it was twins. Anyways, stay strong. *hugs*
MaeghanAlyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #48
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had 3 healthy pregnancies before any loss. So my first loss was an absolute shock to me. I was 12 weeks along and it was our first time to hear the heartbeat and there was none. Went in for a u/s immediately to hear that baby stopped around 5 weeks, placenta stopped around 10/11 weeks, uterus did measure about 12 and placenta was just then starting to deteriorate. We opted to try waiting it out some more, that lasted about 4 days and still nothing. My body was hanging on pretty tightly to this. We ended up having a cytotech pill inserted at that time to get the process going. 4 weeks later we were given the go ahead to try again if we liked.
6 weeks later I found out I was pregnant again (the midwives were absolutely overjoyed!), that pregnancy resulted in my lively & happy Tristan Kael who is 18 months old .

Last October I had another early loss, suspected I was pregnant but didn't test as it just didn't feel 'right'. 'Period' started about a week late & started normally, then abruptly halted about a day and a half into it, then restarted with a vengence and heavy clots. So while I have no 'proof' it was a loss in my heart I know it was.

Then....in January I found out we're expecting again lol. This time due Sept 16th . Everything looks wonderful so far. I did have a heartstopping want to run away and vomit moment when we went in for a 12 week ultrasound as we hadn't heard a heartbeat yet but was elated to see a baby on the screen that wouldn't stay still for a heartbeat check lol

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #49
crunchycatholicountrymama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had 3 healthy pregnancies, then i had a still birth at 20+ weeks with #4. It was horrible, but I got pregnant as soon as I stopped bleeding from him, and had #5 on the exact same day 1 year later that I had lost my little boy. God can heal our bodies and our hearts.
crunchycatholicountrymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #50
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you ladies so much. I will definitely be coming back to read through these whenever I find myself anxious or stressed. I am so sorry for all of your losses...it's never easy. Thanks, mamas!! I really appreciate all of the positive vibes!!
https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote