Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question "Bottomfeeders"--huh? What's this mean to you?

I've seen this word here and there on DS, and am wondering what, precisely, are people talking about when they use it?? Does it have to do with money (or lack thereof), attitude, or...what?? I'm about to go check on urbandictionary.com, but I'm curious to hear responses here too.

Advertisement

I am that radical hippie you've been warned about... Mama to FIVE awesome freethinkers.
Aine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Bottomfeeders"--huh? What's this mean to you?

It all goes back to this thread and its equally (if not longer) parent thread. It's just a term coined by us mamas that were making fun of ourselves. Basically, you are either an elite or a bottomfeeder mom (there is a quiz in one of those threads that will tell you which one you are).

Basically, it all started because of this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBLayaw
Well, it really all depends on what kind of parent you want to be viewed as and how your points add up, especially in relation to your other parenting practices. If your kids live on prepared junk food, or even homemade treats, you're a pretty rotten parent. HOWEVER, if you ERF until 3 and your kids are in a Britax, you are automatically a 32% better parent (14% for the Britax, 18% for the ERF), and you have some junk food points to spare.
And it just took off from there. Like what things gave you more points and such. Turns out that fondling almond nipples in order to give your kids almond milk gives you extra points but if you feed your kids nothing but hohos and twinkies CPS will take your kids away and give them to Amber from Teen Mom.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ahhh, okay! LOL, now I have to go take this quiz....

I am that radical hippie you've been warned about... Mama to FIVE awesome freethinkers.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Found the quiz!
Quote:
originally posted by angelisagemini
I made a quiz. It was way too complicated to ever do again, lol.

Go find out what kind of parent you are!

http://www.gotoquiz.com/elite_parenting_quiz
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeahhh i just wasted like 5 minutes of life-force trying to find the qiz. i will just have to wonder which side i'm on, LOL. is one like, the dark side? do i get cookies??

Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

o thx!! LOL

Old 03-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I'm neither one according to that quiz. Thanks for the enlightenment!!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aine View Post
yeahhh i just wasted like 5 minutes of life-force trying to find the qiz. i will just have to wonder which side i'm on, LOL. is one like, the dark side? do i get cookies??
Well, if you're a bottomfeeder you get storebought six day old cookies with food coloring instead of chocolate chips. If you're an elite parent you get homemade organic cookies made with grains planted on top of your child's placenta and ground by hand. The chocolate came from the cacao plant you planted as a child and cooked in a solar oven. After that, we'll let you go to the river and wash the clothes.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #9
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bwahaha.....I think I have elite dreams and a bottomfeeder budget!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, most of us are like that. The whole point of the threads was not to put down or make fun of any set of parents. It was a way of us poking fun at ourselves for the crazy things that we do/feel guilty about. If I feed my child "junk" food every once in a while, I shouldn't have to feel guilty for doing so and making my child have diabetes or be obese when he grows up. kwim?