Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A cloth diaper to put over a disposable?

When we did disposable overnights the only thing that worked was a huggies overnights, and most nights he needed a cover over those. If she's two, had you tried at least a little limiting fluids in the evening, having her potty right before bed and then put her down? That really helped with ds, he sleeps 12-13 hours too. After that, I'd try either a fleece or wool cover over the sposie, or maybe have her sleep in the sposie, with a thirsties cover, and then the fleece pants on top.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely go for an overnight sposie. DD is almost 2.5 in sposies and also sleeps almost 13 hours at night, but she's not a heavy wetter. Also, maybe try and not give her liquids for 30-45 mins before bed. Then change her when you put her to bed, which you probably already do.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1) Get a wool/fleece soaker for over the sposie (or wool/fleece longies or shorties as pajama bottoms)
2) switch to overnight HUGGIES sposies (work so much better than the pampers, or overnight pullups)
3) you can buy sposie diaper doublers at babies r us (almost like a maxi pad you put in the diaper to add absorbancy)

Last edited by jamilynn84; 03-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.
jamilynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

what always worked for us is an overnight in a size bigger so if she's a 4, then buy size 5, you may even be able to try a 6
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second the Huggies overnights, pampers SUCK and they explode allllll the time
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I put a Flip cover over sposies when we fly, because I don't want a poo explosion on clothes ... if you wanted more absorbency I'd suggest anything from a pad-folded flat or prefold, to a hemp doubler.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #17
laur318
Registered Users
seller

Huggies overnights are good, but if you have babies r us nearby go for fisher price happy nights diapers. Cheap but only available there. There was a short while when my DS was soaking thru his best cloth and nursing in the night. Wed both be pee soaked and miserable if it weren't for those happy nights dipes. To any other mamas in a similar situation, note that the need for overnight strength sposie only lasted 2-3months till we nursed one less time at night!! It gets better and baby stays drier eventually.

Lauren, gentle mom to JJ, 23 months. sent from my iPhone which has autocorrect. this is gonna get interesting!
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #18
Lisa921
Registered Users
seller

We do a Huggies Overnite with a disposable Flip insert added inside and a wool soaker over the whole thing. It's the only combination that has worked for us and we tried everything.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #19
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd go with wool over top... I think 2... maybe 3 would be enough... and it's breathable and doesn't have to be pricey... you can get upcycled wool soakers on HC and Etsy for the same price as a lot of the covers out there

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilynn84 View Post
1) Get a wool/fleece soaker for over the sposie (or wool/fleece longies or shorties as pajama bottoms)
2) switch to overnight HUGGIES sposies (work so much better than the pampers, or overnight pullups)
3) you can buy sposie diaper doublers at babies r us (almost like a maxi pad you put in the diaper to add absorbancy)