Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Bumgenius 3.0 users... a few questions...

Oh, to address other aplix and laundry tabs have held up very well though the velcro tabs tend to look a little frayed after about a month of washing but I wash almost every day bc I don't have a ton to last me and drying time is pretty lengthy. I only wash about 8 diapers at a time. I prewash on cold with a little baking soda (about 1/4 cup) on medium load setting then do normal wash on hot with bumgenius detergent (1 heaping scoop which is tiny, by the way) on medium setting, as well. If I remember and have time, I give it an extra rinse cycle but not always and it doesn't seem to make a difference either way. FYI: DO NOT USE "ALL FREE & CLEAR" on these dipes! I did and within 2 weeks they were not as absorbant and were leaking all over the place! I had to strip them to get them back to normal. It's winter here so I line dry in my picture window on sunny days or dry in dryer on low temp if I have to but it takes forever (2 full cycles in my dryer). I've also learned the hard way not to soak over night w/ a little will discolor the PUL and turn your velcro to an ugly dark yellow-beige color. Luckily this did not affect its abiltity to function. I haven't used any bleach on them, since. Sunning pulls those EBF poo stains right bleach neccesary.

Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
Registered Users

Many of these reviews are for the 3.0 one-size diaper but I think you're asking about the AIO? We have quite a few of the AIO but have only had them a couple of months. I can tell you for sure the 4.0 aplix holds up better than 3.0. One suggestion I have is whether line drying or drying in the dryer (which we do) turn the diapers inside out so that the microfiber soaker faces outward before drying. It will help your drying time immensely. I don't have a heavy wetter but we add a hemp babies if we need a little extra absorbency and a joey bunz regular hemp insert for more. We haven't tried overnight in these but it might work with a joey bunz stuffed in, depending on how much your child wets.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yes, ours are the aio w/the 4.0 aplix. Have yours suffered any extra wear from drying them that you know of? I was thinking about trying to put a flip organic insert in it at night. Do you think that would fit?
lexismommy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

*scratches head* I use Tide Free & Clear with zero issues, I just make sure I run a complete cold wash/cold rinse cycle with no detergent to make sure it's all rinsed out.
And yes, DEFINITELY turn the AIO's inside out before drying. I have two AIOs and they take FOREVER to dry if I forget.
Just call me Paula
Mama to Nich (02.08.05) Josh (01.21.11) and Gavin (8-31-12)
bohemianxchaos is offline   Reply With Quote