Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
breastfeeding doll

Someone posted this article (from 09) on facebook and people were totally bashing the doll saying it was perverted. I think it is neat and there is something wrong with the adult who views it as perverted,2933,537261,00.html

~Jessica~Adoring wife to Chris best mommy I can be to Jackson and Weston. I CD, ERF, EBF, BW, and kept my second boy intact!
mama2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: breastfeeding doll

I don't think the doll itself is perverted, I think its a great idea. What I'm not keen on is the shirt that comes with it. It has detachable flowers that goes over the nipples, and frankly, is a little too mature looking for a younger girl anyhow.

ETA: The name is super odd too- baby gluttony? Uh..seriously? Are they even pro-bfing!?
ETA: (again) : Woaah!! What is this guy THINKING!? What an ignorant moron.
“What’s next?” wrote Eric Ruhalter, a parenting columnist for New Jersey’s Star Ledger. “Bebe Sot — the doll who has a problem with a different kind of bottle, and loses his family, job and feelings of self-worth? Bebe Limp — the male doll who experiences erectile dysfunction? Bebe Cell Mate — a weak, unimposing doll that experiences all the indignation and humiliation of life in prison?
K&K My little firecracker Lennon 10.09, crying before he fully emerged and My little sweetheart Indi 6.12, born smiling

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 03-24-2011 at 11:44 AM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Just look at the website that published the story. 'Nuff said.
H - SAHM to E (4/2007) and F (3/2010)
and missing V & R (3/2006)

BFeeding, CD'ing, no circumcising, PPAnxiety ridden, baby food makin' crazy person.
Chickymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

My daughter's (ages 2 and 5) do not need a certain doll or tank top to BF their baby dolls, it's just all they know. If society would relax on BFing and not make it so taboo, children would automatically know that BFing is an option for their pretend babies as well as real babies.
gardengirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

yeah, I'm curious as to a "marketed" BF doll. When DH and I were doing our Bradley classes for our first birth, the instructor had a LC come and discuss BF with us. She brought along her 8 year old daughter who had a baby doll and pretended to BF the doll. Any baby doll could be used in whatever way the child chooses to play with it.
Caroline-happily married to Keith since 4/27/02; momma to D (5/10/05), M (2/10/07) and S (3/25/11)
carolineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
Registered Users

i think that doll is totally neat but i do agree that the halter for the "mother" to wear is a bit inappropriate withe flowers to cover the nipples! i read the article and 1 quote said they say it will encourage early pregnancy! ok rly are they kidding?? playin with a baby is the part that makes mommy hood look easy with no roughspots like a child is goin to want to have a baby just to breastfeed! besides any baby doll can be "breastfed"
luvn_my_boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
Registered Users

I too am not sure about the tank top but I do love the idea of this doll promoting young girls to see breastfeeding as normal. I think it is important that children see this as the natural method of feeding a baby. Too often all they ever see is a bottle and they think breastfeeding is weird. It is hard to combat those long held beliefs.
[SIZE="3"]Megan, Wife to Ron, Mommy to Ben 5-7-09, Grant 4-22-10 Abby 6-16-12,Alex 6-15-15 You're so beautiful to think of, but so hard to be without, E no longer in our home, always in our heart
FerventlyDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote