Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tide lowers price of diapers?

So I went to the local CD store to put some stuff on consignment. I brought in 4 GMD workhorse orange edge, 2 Kawaii overnight diapers, and one FB. Not only did none of these diapers have stains but I even had the spare elastic for the FB. These diapers are in excellent condition. (My husband wont use diapers with snaps so I am destashing all my snap closure diapers) They offer your 50% of the price they are going to sell the diaper for. While its not a great deal, not having to deal with Craigslist makes it worth while. She offered me $12 for all 7 diapers. She told me that washing them in tide had lowered the value. According to her all her consignment buyers are "hard core cloth diaper mamas" and they will smell the diapers and not want them as much because they were washed in tide. She also told me that if I wanted to CD long term I had to stop using tide as I was going to ruin my diapers. Now I've always disliked this store because they are very "elite parent" and they have a weird way of making you feel like your not good enough. But I feel like the tide lowers the price thing is total BS. Is she right? Does washing diapers in tide lower the price?

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Spindle Spun
Spindle Spun - Handspun Goodness
Formerly: iamslh
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tide lowers price of diapers?

she is crazy. how often do you see tide users putting up threads about stinkies and ammonia? NEVER!!!! tide keeps diapers nicer longer, while a lot of the crunchy detergents just don't get diapers clean enough increasing your chances of getting a diaper with hidden *stink*
Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

that sounds crazy to me, I have never heard this!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a load of garbage. I have used Tide since day 1 (going on 3 kids CD'd now) and never had any issues, including stinkies and repelling!! and $12 for 7 diapers??? You may as well just put them on FFS!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow that seems ridiculous! And I highly doubt they were going to sell them for like $3.50 each! If so wow I would have loved to buy them LOL

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would ask to see the section of the store where they sell the "tide" diapers,if they are only going to charge $24 for 7 diapers because they were washed in tide,there must be some mega deals going on over there. I think it was total baloney to make you think the diapers were worthless. If she was only going to make $12 off the diapers it wouldn't be worth her trouble to buy/resell them. I am sure you would have seen them for $12 EACH!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
HRM's MOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would rather buy diapers washed in Tide than anything else. The last diapers I got were so dingy and I cannot place the smell but it is a mix of some perfume smell and yuck. I washed them in Tide Free and Clear (which i have used since day one with my DD and are now on to DS) and they almost look normal but i cannot get the darn perfume smell out. Until a little while ago everyone said using tide was bad for your diapers but i have never had a stink issue and my diapers still look very new.
HRM's MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

IDK about Tide long-term, but so far we've had zero issues w/it and the diapers are MUCH cleaner (no stinky ammonia and no stinky synthetic inners). So...I say CL or FSOT those dipes I think she was possibly trying to take advantage of you.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #9
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So the "elite" parents know the smell of tide just like that? Lol, total BS
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would rather buy diaper washed in tide honestly! what a load of garbage!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote