Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #21
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tide lowers price of diapers?

Don't people buy used cd and take them home and wash them anyway? How does she know that people are honest about what detergent they use? It seems like she is being really picky.

Advertisement

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #22
lotsofsweetkids
Registered Users

My Mood:
I know what you mean with cd stores. I have one that's the same way. They tried to deter me from buying what I liked trying to get me to buy a brand I didn't want. Saying they would be a better resale. I don't get it. Why sell something if you want people to buy a different brand? Use a detergent that works for you and your budget.
lotsofsweetkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #23
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tide user for 3 years and my dipes look awesome!

I would be tricky and soak them in some RNG and have DH take them back and see what they say (make sure he says he washes them in RNG)...I bet she still offers the $12...I have been to places that "say" the pay 1/2 of what they sell them for and I have found that impossible to believe...cause I am always getting "offers" insanely low and their "prices" are insanely high

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #24
VitaW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wonder why parents who think they are so elite are buying used diapers in the first place. And I always wash used or new diapers first anyway so who cares what they were washed in before.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #25
Kama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would pay more for diapers washed in tide I have gotten far too many diapers washed in 'natural' detergents that STINK. As long as they aren't damaged and don't smell bad I could care less what they were washed in. I am going to wash them before I use them anyway.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant- The Doctor

Last edited by Kama; 03-26-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #26
LizzyG
Registered Users

Wow. That doesn't make sense at all. I could care less what detergent the diapers were washed in if they are still in good condition and with no stinky residue etc. Who cares! I personally would love to have her do a sniff test on the diapers since she is so "elite".
LizzyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #27
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I go back and froth between tide f&c and trader joe's detergents. My dipes have lasted 30 months and are going strong. it's a load of poop if you tell me. I second that you should send someone back to see if they get the same offer stating they were washed in something else.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #28
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, Tide doesn't lower the price of cloth diapers. If the people who shop at that store are so persnickety as is the owner, don't bother selling there. Seven diapers for twelve dollars, one of which is a Fuzzibunz? That is an insanely ridiculous low-ball offer! Insulting, even! Sell on Craigslist or here. You'll at least get enough money to buy a few diapers to replace those ones rather than barely enough for ONE used diaper...

I use Tide and have always loved it. I don't much care about resell value because I beat my diapers to **** and use them until they have zero life left; but I don't think ANYONE really considers using Tide a deterrent to buying someone else's diapers or a condition that lowers the diapers' value.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #29
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

That lady is either an idiot, or trying to rip you off. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #30
bjkglaugh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Tide user for 3 years and my dipes look awesome!

I would be tricky and soak them in some RNG and have DH take them back and see what they say (make sure he says he washes them in RNG)...I bet she still offers the $12...I have been to places that "say" the pay 1/2 of what they sell them for and I have found that impossible to believe...cause I am always getting "offers" insanely low and their "prices" are insanely high

I would DEFINITELY do that!!!!!!!!!!! But, skip the RNG soak, since I'm going to assume you don't have any, there's no reason to buy it just for this. BUT, I do think you should send hubby back up there with the diapers, and have him say that you wash in RNG or Charlies or whatever the "CD Soap of choice" is in your area and see what they say.

I'm just curious how much the difference is between the 2 offers. I guarantee she won't even be able to tell that they aren't washed in *CD Soap.*

And, I have NEVER stuck my nose in a used diaper! I will pull it up close enough to be able to notice any major smells, but then I wash it, then I do the *big* sniff test