Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
tara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Breastfeeding and baby poo...

Okay, DD1 pooped every time she nursed-for months! DD2 would go 4 or more times a day. DS is not like his sisters. He goes days without going and he has smelly gas I know with breastfeeding there really isn't a "normal" anything and I've heard of babes who only go weekly but this is weird to me. He has normal wet diapers and continues to nurse frequently. What's your experience with infrequent poopers?

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding and baby poo...

they can go up to 2 wks w/o pooing. some of my kids went about 10 days....and then when they did, watch out, it was a mess! All my babies, around 6 wks, stopped pooping every day and would go between 4-10 days w/o going. They were just fine
Old 03-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
CWHmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD was like that, by about 2 months old she was only going once a week. And like PP said, it was major! After a few months of that, it was nearly once a day. My boys both pooped a dozen times a day for months, pretty much after every nursing, until they started solids. As long as he's gaining and having enough wet diapers, I wouldn't worry. And enjoy it!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #4
lilsoldiersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My twins are a month old and it has been going on 3 days with no poo. I didn't think that started this early. They are nursing great( every 2 hrs during the day and 4 at night) and having plenty of wet diapers. It doesn't seem to bother them and sometimes after they pass gas there is one little seedy spot.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Darren is going for days too and oh my goodness his gas will run you out of the house! It's seems to be his "norm". I'm having trouble finding diapers that will hold it when he does go though... :P It's like putting a diaper over a erupting volcano!!! And he wets like 10x more then my 2 year old! It's crazy!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
2LittleAngels
Registered Users
seller

My youngest does that also. Stinky gas and poopy diapers only every couple/few days. My first eventually got to the point where she went days between poopy diapers also.
2LittleAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Rapunzel10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my kids have done this, with days between poops (DD's record was 9 days, DS's is 5), and stinky gas and bloating by the 2nd day. IMO, though I know it's considered by many to be normal, that doesn't mean it's good or comfortable for the babes. I guess I figure if it's really how it's supposed to be then it wouldn't bother them so much. I used to massage DD's tummy and even used a castor oil compress a few times to try and help her - she was so miserable DS takes it more like a man but he's also much bigger and has a more easy-going temperament overall so that might be why. I waited on solids til after it resolved with DD, and am currently on the fence about doing the same with DS (6.5 mos).
Rapunzel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
Murphett
Registered Users

My Mood:
My first dd would go at every breastfeed. It was allll the time. My second dd would go up to two weeks between bm. Really bad gas and then when she would go it was really really smelly and there was not much there. Everyone said that it was really extreme, but I guess she was just using up everything. Once she was on solid food, she now goes everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I miss the twice a month pooper. :-)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
TLK
Registered Users

We had that problem here but discovered an allergy to dairy protein. She also had a lot of pain though.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
LittleClaraLove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My DD, from birth to 6 months, went once a week like clockwork. And now that we've added solids she still only goes every three days. Easiest ECer ever.
LittleClaraLove is offline   Reply With Quote