Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Please recommend a good PUL nighttime diaper

Does it have to have the PUL attached like a pocket, or are you open to fitteds? For us, we couldn't stuff a pocket enough for it to work. The only thing that works for my baby is a mother-ease sandy's with an extra ME absorbent liner with a pul cover over the top (Bummis Super brites are our favorite). It's not super trim, but it's so much less bulky than an overstuffed pocket, and she never leaks out of this combination.

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
NewMomNeedsAdvice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señora Rita View Post
So I have loved my BGOS for nighttime with an extra hemp insert up until about 2 months ago. My LO needed more absorption so I added 2 extra hemp = a BGOS MF insert + the two hemp inserts. It was bulky enough that by the morning the leg elastics were gaping and her morning poo would leak out the sides.
I ordered 2 drybees lg fleece diapers and they are great at accommodating lots of inserts and containing the morning poo but her jammies and her blanket will feel "cold/damp" and be kind of stinky.
I'm waiting on some super do inserts. Would these solve the "damp" issue?

I'd like to hold onto these fleece pockets but I'm not loving the extra laundry (blankets, etc.).

I am looking for a PUL pocket dipe with a wide pocket to accomodate lots of inserts but still get a good, snug fit on her legs.
Any ideas?!
I found out that using the Doopsy Inserts is the best way to go around leaks. There are a few versions out there but I love the ones that have the PUL layer. You can find them at BabyEcoMart.com, on the inserts page. The new one that they came up with, i like the most. It's called the Doopsy Pocket Insert, it's not expandable, it has the PUL layer and is made with bamboo and hemp. You can put a microfiber insert in the pocket or buy the version that includes the MF insert. I hope this helps. There are some expandable inserts with PUL on the "seconds" page. I like those too.
NewMomNeedsAdvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #13
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

We will be having a sale on SoftBums later this week (actually storewide for my 1st anniversary sale). Be sure to like me on facebook to get the code (code will be released on the 30th for facebook fans to have an early bird shopping day on the 31st).

No, sheets shouldn't be damp, that is an absorbancy issue (especially since like you said the inserts are soaked and you are doing the hemp on the outside)

I have done the bg 3.0s overnight and they stopped working around when DS was about 8months (couldn't stuff it full enough). Omnis have a nice pocket opening with lots of room like the drybees but you can also snap inserts on top of the pocket (as an AI2) while stuffing stuff inside the pocket for super extra absorbancy. The leg elastic is adjustable so you can customize it to what you need.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, right! Rocky Mountain pockets have a really wide crotch & adjustable leg elastic, so they might be worth looking at, too.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #15
Señora Rita
Registered Users
seller

M&M&M thank you so much! That is perfect timing so I can give some other inserts a try before I give up on these fleece pockets. I just paid $40 for them new and am disappointed because so many people swear by these. I really hate the damp clothes. It's not like she is soaked or anything but I never had that problem w/ PUL. I am going to give the omni's a try. Thanks for the codes. I look forward to checking out your store!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
motherculture
Registered Users
seller

I make SleepOvers for toddlers. All in Ones with a trim fit and can be ordered in pull up or side snap.
motherculture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

The fleece pocket we have has been the only thing we've had any luck w/ recently. DD wears it under fleece jammies, so maybe that's a little extra protection? IDK. I could barely get it snapped w/ a Flip organic insert & 2 large Joey-Bunz inserts, but it was the first time in forever she hadn't leaked. Now I realize that a Super-Do (I got a small FSOT) & 1 or 2 large hemp inserts is sufficient.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #18
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Carrie brings out a good point. What kind of jammies are you using??
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
Señora Rita
Registered Users
seller

Fleece jammies with a cotton swaddleme over top. The jammies are never damp (cuz they are fleece) just the blanket near her waist (she is a tummy sleeper) cuz it's cotton. I'm gonna try the flip insert tomorrow night and hopefully I'll get my super dos soon!
So, just so I'm getting this right, ***the cotton outside of her fleece jammies really should be totally dry, right? I'm always shocked that there is wetness outside that many layers of MF/hemp/fleece and fleece jammies.***
Old 03-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #20
MarchMama2x
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Señora Rita
where is the sale on the softbums omni?
Check out babycatcher2be siggy she is having a sale going on now until Thursday!