Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you tried The First Years Breastflow bottle? Mimics the breast?

Well here I am, needing to introduce a bottle to my 2 week-old so that I can attend classes twice a week. I am terrified of nipple confusion because I really am committed to nursing long-term. So...with baby #1 we used Medela bottles. They fit my pump and worked fine.

But the other day I saw an ad for The First Years Breastflow bottle. I know I can't believe everything in the ad, but I was so intrigued! Here is what they said: "Soft outer nipple: mimics the feel of the breast- allows baby's tongue to stay in the same position as breastfeeding. Unique nipple-within-nipple structure: simulates the breastfeeding motions of compression and suction."

Has anyone used this bottle? Any comments? Did you find that your baby's sucking pattern was unchanged?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you tried The First Years Breastflow bottle? Mimics the breast?

My baby used them fabulously, but then again she wasn't "choosy" when it came to something she could get milk out of You really do have to suck it correctly for it to work though, so I think if nipple confusion is your concern these would work well for you
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOVE IT. We got these when we started having nipple confusion issues. DS actually prefers the breast to this bottle, but still was able to use the bottle just fine. I would reccommend these bottles to everyone!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I give them mixed reviews. These were the ONLY bottles my DD would take... and we tried many (Avent, Dr. Browns, Playtex, Mams, Medela, Tippee Tomee). She loved them but I HATE them. They leak, the outer nipple fills up with milk and you have to drain it back into the bottle, they are hard to clean, etc. They are pretty annonying, but they were a lifesaver when I was at the point where I thought I had to quit my job since DD wouldn't take any bottles.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
SFOducky
Registered Users
seller

we LOVE them.. at first DS wouldn't take anything from a bottle.. then he liked the Born Free ones.. and now he won't take any but the Breastflow.. which is good since he does have that same sucking motion but bad cuz i can't find them locally anymore! I had one i had gotten at my baby shower and then when i went to buy more BRU and Target had both discontinued them.. luckily i found some new ones from a mama on FSOT..
SFOducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks so much for your comments! I am going to go buy a pack tonight!! (I hope we can handle the annoyance factor!)
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
DaisyGraceBoutique
Registered Users
Formerly: AutumnRoseJewelryCo
seller

I love them. My daughter has been going back and forth from breast to bottle since birth and the transition is easy with these bottles. They are a little tricky to clean, but no big deal. I haven't had any issues with them leaking.

Autumn-Rose: Mama to Houston & Daisy-Grace
Nursing Necklaces . Mama Cloth & Fleece Soakers
ISO/IHA
DaisyGraceBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used them with ds. Since he only got a bottle once a week and I wasn't the one to give it to him, I can only say that he drank the milk and never had a problem nursing afterwards.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
feelinfroggie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my DS will only use these and we've tried tons of different brands.

I haven't had any problem with them leaking. The nipple is supposed to fill with milk and you can squeeze the sides to drain it back down into the bottle.
feelinfroggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie View Post
Thanks so much for your comments! I am going to go buy a pack tonight!! (I hope we can handle the annoyance factor!)
They are not annoying. We absolutely loove these bottles. I just take apart the nipples and put them in the silverware catcher in my dishwasher. My hubs will only use these bottles because he likes them so much. I have not had any kind of leaky problems. I love that the small bottles go to 5oz and not 4oz. Love love love.

I reccommend these bottles to everyone!!!!!