Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
suxitup07
Registered Users

question about fuzzi bunz xs

Does anyone use new version xs fuzzi bunz diapers on their newborns?? Im trying to decide whether to get it or not for my baby due July because I do have some in smalls and mediums that Im using on my daughter right now. All my kids were born over 8lbs at birth. I was thinking of getting some prefolds with covers I already have ozocozy flats 23 of them but what else do I need? I sold all my bummis prefolds with covers about two weeks before I found out that Im pregnant with this baby and I didnt start using cloth diapers until the cord fell off with my daughter but this time I want to start right away after birth so spam away with suggestions and another question which online retailers are good and will ship to canada?? thanks =-)

Advertisement

suxitup07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
MayasMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: question about fuzzi bunz xs

Honestly I'd probably go ahead and just use the Small FBs that you have. The XS won't fit that long and then you'd have to sell them and end up losing some money. The Smalls might be a little bulky at first, but your LO will grow into them pretty darn quick.

I always buy our FBs from this site. They have free shipping for US orders, but it does cost something for International orders (I just don't know how much that is). They ship really fast though, and I've never had any issues with our diapers, so I'd really recommend checking it out! Plus, they have a rewards program where you earn 10% store credit for every $1.00 you spend! And they carry cloth wipes, wipe solution, mama cloth, breast pads, etc. So it'd be worth it if you're looking for accessories or personal items.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely loved them! I bought them from fuzzibunzseconds.net and just stuffed them with a preemie prefold.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are going to have an 8lb baby, don't bother with FB XS's. If they fit at all, it will only be for a week or two.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
stef.maska
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
I absolutely loved them! I bought them from fuzzibunzseconds.net and just stuffed them with a preemie prefold.

Were these useable? I always feel like i'm going to get the ones that are badly messed up and unusable.
stef.maska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #6
DiaperPalz
Registered Users
Formerly: cjspears26
seller
seller

My dd2 was just shy of the 10lb mark and we used the xs fb for the first two weeks. It was worth it to have cd's that perfectly fitted her and had room for her cord stump to heal. Then we moved right into our onesize diapers with no problem.
I rented them from the local diaper service and washed them like they were my own diapers. It was a really nice option.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

my son was born a week ago today at 8 lbs 12 oz and fits GREAT in the XS. they are actually my fave right now. He's got some room to grow, too. I love that they go under the cord. I'm glad I bought the 3 that I have and wish I would have bought more.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef.maska View Post
Were these useable? I always feel like i'm going to get the ones that are badly messed up and unusable.
I never noticed any reason they were seconds! Plus, these fit my guy until 12lbs! I totally believe newborn sizes are worth it. I like trim diapers, especially on a tiny baby. Of course, none of my kids were quick gainers so newborn sizes last us a while.

Good luck deciding! I know how hard it is!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
suxitup07
Registered Users

thanks gals i will invest some in xs 9 of them! i like rainbow colors which is watermelon, kumquat, mac n cheese, apple green, blueberry, big sky, grape, crushed berries and choc truffle thats what i have in smalls and mediums i might as well make it the same as xs =-) im pretty confident it will fit for awhile =-)
suxitup07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
emconigs
Registered Users
seller

There are a few places online where you can rent newborn diapers. Here is one that offers XS FB: http://www.modernclothdiapers.com/ca...ntal-21-1.html
I almost did this, but then my friend got pregnant shortly after me so we are sharing the cost of a newborn stash. The timing is perfect that I figure my DS will outgrow them just as her DS is born.
emconigs is online now   Reply With Quote