Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Re: s/o:if you do NOT vaxed AND was going out of the country....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
Actually, I just pulled that out of my hat. It's not the one he mentioned; this conversation was over a year ago, so I forget which he actually said. Sorry?
Haha, sorry I didn't mean that in a snotty way. I was just pointing out that some ....well alot of doctors seem to think they know alot about Pertussis when really its quite different than alot of us think.
Sorry mama, I didn't mean to offend you

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #12
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
I would not expose my child(ren) to living conditions where there was no safe water, food, and living conditions. Any travel we would be doing we'd make provisions for that. So long as those conditions were met we wouldn't need to vax, because we could keep the immune system up.

The incidences of disease go waaaaaay down as soon as living conditions are improved on, and I wouldn't risk my child(ren) health by exposing them to unsafe conditions... there are way too many things we don't vax for that would be problematic.

So nope... never, no matter what we were doing or where. The risk is still higher than the benefit for us.
My thoughts exactly.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
Doodlebug
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn View Post
Haha, sorry I didn't mean that in a snotty way. I was just pointing out that some ....well alot of doctors seem to think they know alot about Pertussis when really its quite different than alot of us think.
Sorry mama, I didn't mean to offend you
No worries!

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=13927.0
Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #14
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I would not expose my child(ren) to living conditions where there was no safe water, food, and living conditions. Any travel we would be doing we'd make provisions for that. So long as those conditions were met we wouldn't need to vax, because we could keep the immune system up.

The incidences of disease go waaaaaay down as soon as living conditions are improved on, and I wouldn't risk my child(ren) health by exposing them to unsafe conditions... there are way too many things we don't vax for that would be problematic.

So nope... never, no matter what we were doing or where. The risk is still higher than the benefit for us.
Yep, totally agree. If I wanted to do some type of Humanitarian work, I'd probably wait until the kids were older too, or they wouldn't go with me. No point in going to help when on most days I need help myself.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #15
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I have a question though....granted incidences of disease does go down with better living conditions. But, what about diseases that are not affected by living conditions? ... such as measles or other air borne diseases? .... I mean aren't you a little worred? like the u.s. has good living conditions, but we can still get the flu which still kills in the u.s. today, kwim?

help me understand, b/c I"m still on the border about vaxing. thx!
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #16
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nope. My Dr goes to Africa w/o extra vax's all the time. She took her kids w/o ANY immunizations. She took antibiotics and malaria remedies with her.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #17
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Yep that covers it for us to. Really the only traveling we plan on doing (if we had our dream vacations) would be Japan, China, Canada, and most of the UK. Not to worried about traveling there.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
I have a question though....granted incidences of disease does go down with better living conditions. But, what about diseases that are not affected by living conditions? ... such as measles or other air borne diseases? .... I mean aren't you a little worred? like the u.s. has good living conditions, but we can still get the flu which still kills in the u.s. today, kwim?

help me understand, b/c I"m still on the border about vaxing. thx!
I'm not afraid of the flu or measels or most of the other vax preventable diseases. My parents (and probably yours if you ask them) had these diseases and they were fine, it was normal. I actually hope my kids get them while they are young and get lifetime immunity. It is incredibly rare for any of these diseases to kill a healthy child with adequate nutrition. Far more likely for the child to be permanently injured or killed by the vaccine. My oldest ds is now Autistic, it is a life affecting diagnosis. He will never have a normal life. This is because of the MMR vax. If he had gotten measels the chances are he would have gotten ill and gotten better, no problems. The incidence of reaction to the MMR is much higher than the adverse reactions to the actual viruses.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #19
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

The flu kills immune compromised people in the US. For us not vaccinating is alot more than just not getting the shots. We eat very very well, excercise, spend alot of time outdoors, breastfeed for a long time, and do a variety of other things that lead to a good immune system. We also don't give fever reducers as I believe that too many of those and/or abuse of antibiotics definately leads to a compromised immune system. I think this banner sums it up:

Old 03-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest dd who is partially vaccinated (before I knew better) went to Japan when she was 14 for a summer. To be honest it did not even cross my mind to vaccinate her then. We just sent in the ones she had and left it at that. I do not think in Japan she was more likely to contract any illness then in USA and I know they have doctors and hospitals if she really got sick. I would be more worried about compromising her immune system with vaccinations before she left. Not to even mention the other side effects.