Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Users

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here with a 3 week old baby girl (our first child). I've had her in cloth diapers since her umbilical cord fell off at 12 days old. I'm still getting the hang of washing the CD's, but we are really enjoying the CD choice we have made.

I use organic Indian cotton prefolds with covers (right now we are using Proraps, then will move to Flips/Rumparooz/whatever else we see that looks interesting when she's a little bigger.

My question--I'm not satisfied that the diapers are getting completely clean when I wash them. They aren't stinky exactly, but they have some sort of odor to them. I have a front loader. I'm doing one cycle cold, one cycle hot and then an extra rinse at the end. I use Country Save detergent. I would like to add OxyClean to the wash with the detergent, but I'm not sure if OxyClean is OK with my diapers? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I also think I'm going to switch to both cycles using hot water.

Thanks so much!

heatherbushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: OxyClean?

Oxyclean is fine. I do a rinse cycle, hot wash then an extra rinse if there were lots of dirty diaper. I can't comment on the Country Save though, have never tried it. I use free and clear detergents.
Mama to my sweet babies 2007, 2009, 2011 and someone new in 2014
MinkaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: OxyClean?

Oxyclean is fine. I use a scoop in every load of diapers! I've never tried country save, we use original tide.

And congrats on the baby girl!
SAHM to two wild boys, a toddler and a preschooler. Expecting our third and last, a sweet little GIRL due July 2013. Taking each day as it comes and trying to avoid labels.
OneDayAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote