Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
can you tell me more about home births?

I have always wanted a water birth since i was 15..giggle but i had my son at 16 and in the hospital it was crazy he was 6 weeks early and it was just a stressful time.

with my second child i also delivered in the hospital, 3 weeks early but he came al by him self..giggle not induction or anything. But i have had an epidural with both of mine, and really didn't want it with my second one..but did cause there was sooooo many people in my room.

We will be TTC soon, * we better be!!! or ima shoot my hubby..lol * and i really really really really really did i say really?..lol want a home birth, i would love to do a water birth. I have searched online and everything thing but i thought i would ask you mammas that might recomend some books or links or anything that i can read?

Thank you so very much!
Sherrie

Advertisement

Wife to Joey, 1-12-07 Mother to six , Britney 10/13/00, Jared 05/27/03, Hunter 05/10/04, Kimbery 10/26/06,Kole 09/05/08, Alaina 03/20/12 I CD of corse..:P, co-sleep, BFing,non-circumcising, baby wearing, pretty crunchy..:P Fan Page Come "like" Me.. My IHA/ISO I LOVE to trade.. Blog post of some stuff I can make you!..:P
Sherrie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can you tell me more about home births?

It has been a long time since I looked at HBing books or waterbirth books, but I have had 8 HB and waterbirths and will have another this June. I cannot imagine birthing any other way!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a HB with my first son and we are planning on having another in May Like the PP said, I couldn't imagine bringing a baby into this world anywhere but at home My son was born at 37 weeks, so we didn't have our tub set up, and once I was really into pushing, I didn't care much at all This time though, I am making sure my DH sets that darn thing up as soon as I hit 36 weeks!!!!

There are a lot of beautiful birth stories in Ina May Gaskin's guide to Childbirth. It may be one to look into! Good luck Mama!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0553381156/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

does anyone know where i can find a list of stuff that i need to get and keep on hand i have seached a bit but havn't found an actual list..
Wife to Joey, 1-12-07 Mother to six , Britney 10/13/00, Jared 05/27/03, Hunter 05/10/04, Kimbery 10/26/06,Kole 09/05/08, Alaina 03/20/12 I CD of corse..:P, co-sleep, BFing,non-circumcising, baby wearing, pretty crunchy..:P Fan Page Come "like" Me.. My IHA/ISO I LOVE to trade.. Blog post of some stuff I can make you!..:P
Sherrie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I also recommend Ina May Gaskin. Also, you should rent The Busines of Being Born (its available from Netflicks!). Great film and it shows a few water births and talks about HB. Another awesome film if you are into that one is Orgasmic Birth, it isn't as R rated as it sounds.

As for the list of stuff. . .I think that is farther off in your future. I mean some things are standard, but ti also depends on your MW. Some bring more stuff. some require you to have more or less stuff. My MW had a list, but also a kit we had to buy for some of the more medical stuff. The list was things like towels and receiving blankets, and trash bags and such. You may have to rent/buy your own water birth tub or your MW may provide one.

HTH. I love, loved my HB and hope to do the next one in the water!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

I had a home birth, baby jake was born in the tub with my older kids standing next to me and watching. I was so thankful for a fantastic home birth and the ability to change the perception of birth for my own daughter.
My home birth midwife had a specific list of things she wanted me to have.
The must haves other than the list she gave me
Boobs
Diapers
Couple outfits for baby.
The end.
Loved my HB, i'd never do it another way

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your midwife will give you a list of necessary supplies. I loved reading Spiritual Midwifery and Guide to Childbirth both by Ina May Gaskin.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Books-

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
Brith Matters by Ina May Gaskin
Pushed by Jennifer Block
Born in the USA by Marsden Wagner
My Best Birth by Rikki Lake and Abby Epstein
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer

Documentaries-

The Business of Being Born
Pregnant in America
Orgasmic Birth

Texas Midwives Links -

http://www.texasmidwives.com/

http://texasmidwives.net/
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

When you do your research, just make sure you can tell the difference between FACT and AGENDA. Best of luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree wiyh pps about the suggested books and your mw will give you a list of things to get. I had 2 hospital births and my 3rd was a HB. I loved it so incredibly much. My main suggestion is to read a lot on unmedicated birth. Be as educated as you can about what your body will be going through so that you feel confident in your ability to deal with the pain and just comfortable in yur choice. I loved

"childbirth without fear" by grantley ****-reed

"supernatural childbirth" by Jackie Mize

We are planning our second HB for Sept and are so excited. I can't imagine ever having to go back to the hospital unless something was wrong of course.