Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #21
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: No yolk sac at 6 weeks 3 days?

It seems to me they could at least draw some betas for you. But mostly I don't understand why they just wouldn't have you come back after no more than a week. I think I would call and just explain how you are feeling and just say "I am coming in for a draw, and then I'm coming back on thursday". You are paying for the labs, they shouldn't have a problem with it. If not, perhaps it's time to call a new OB.

Advertisement

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had one really early like that this time and there was nothing but a dark spot, I guess a sac of some sort, in my uterus. I was so disappointed and worried but I'm 15w3d now with a strong heartbeat and everything is fine. Try not to worry mama, it's still very early to panic.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydaysunshine View Post
It seems to me they could at least draw some betas for you. But mostly I don't understand why they just wouldn't have you come back after no more than a week. I think I would call and just explain how you are feeling and just say "I am coming in for a draw, and then I'm coming back on thursday". You are paying for the labs, they shouldn't have a problem with it. If not, perhaps it's time to call a new OB.
Ye to this!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two weeks is a long time to wait, having been through this. Yes, call and ask them to draw betas. When I was going through this, it really helped. I would also ask them to do the u/s sooner.

I had my first u/s with my first set of twins at the end of my 5th wk. My OB wanted to do it because I had an FET and had a m/c with the FET prior to that one. Everything was fine. I had a sac and yolk sac on both babies. But, a few days later, I started bleeding. I went in about 4 days after the first u/s because of the bleeding. They did another and discovered that baby A had grown and progressed to an "embryo." Baby B had not grown. I was told I was losing baby B and to come back in a week to confirm. I did have betas drawn every other day throughout the week. They continued to go up as if I had twins. (Of course, using betas to determine twins is not reliable.) Anyway, I went back a week later. Two babies, two heartbeats. They are 3 now. His growth was always a few days behind hers even though they were DEFINITELY concieved on the same day and transferred to my uterus at exactly the same time. Every baby develops differently. (One benefit of IVF/FET is exact dates. Although, I wouldn't suggest doing it just for that benefit. ) Around 24wks, he started to outgrow her. In the end, he was born 2lbs bigger.

U/S are not that reliable this early on. Babies develop at different rates and implant on different days. Plus, the machines are all different. Transvag is much better at this point. Anyway, I know you will still worry like crazy. The waiting is torture. But, you are still getting symptoms and aren't bleeding. I think everything is going to be just fine.

ETA - If they do betas, keep in mind that the rate of increase slows considerably as you get farther along. Don't be freaked out if it doesn't double every 48hrs. It can stops doubling that quickly as early when your hCG reaches 1200 and definitely by 6000. It still goes up, but not as fast. Also, you need at least 2 number to compare. One draw doesn't tell you much except what you already know, that you are pregnant. (With blood draws every other day for almost 2wks with my first set of twins and over a week with my first m/c and then at least 4 draws with my second set, I've researched the numbers a lot. www.batabase.info is a good website for comparisons. I found this site with helpful info on hCG in general http://www.babymed.com/hcg-level)

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 03-29-2011 at 09:33 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote