Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

measuring small

I am not currently pregnant but when I was pregnant with my DD I always measure weeks behind. When the doc would measure from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus I was always weeks behind. I only measure up to 33 wks when I should have been at 40 weeks. Any one else have this problem?

I had so many u/s and my DD always measured on time.

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

Re: measuring small

I'm usually a few weeks back but not as much as you. I was just talking to a mama who said that she always measure VERY small, and with her DD, her Dr told her if she didn't gain X amount of weight and mesure a bit bigger in X amount of time, they'd C-section her. This makes nooooo sense to me for many reasons, but it's true!!

Lots of factors go into 'how big' you measure, so unless your Dr/MW is concerned, I wouldn't give it too much thought

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
HollyBennett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the opposite problem I always measure bigger. With both of my girls I was told they were going to be over 10lbs. total lie they were 8 and 7lbs. I think everyones annatomy is different and not everyone is going to fall into the medical standard.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always measure small. It all depends on how your baby is laying, how your body adjusts to the pregnancy, the muscle tone of your belly...so many factors! Many athletes find that they measure smaller as their stomach muscles restrain the growth a bit more. And many tall women I know also measure small as the baby has more room to grow up before they grow out. With DD, she laid sideways (or transverse) for most of my pregnancy so our numbers were always really off!
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

I am 5'8 so maybe that is why i measured small. doc didnt say anything about c section. he was just worried about the fluid being to low or the baby not growing. but she was totally fine. she was born 4 days early at 6 lbs 12 oz
Old 03-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I measured always perfectly for my first. Born at 38w at 6lbs13oz. Second child by the end I was measuring 2-3 weeks behind. Born at 36w4d at 6lbs13oz.

Clearly they didn't have a great guess
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I always measure about a week smaller then I should, but with no concerns.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always flucuated - sometimes I was measuring weeks behind and sometimes it was weeks ahead. I wouldn't stress on it to much. It's all about how the baby is laying
Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was always 2-3 weeks behind. The doctors weren't concerned; my favorite one just said that some women tend to carry more internally. The whole cm= gestational age thing is just way too convenient for me to take it seriously anyway, you know?

I am not tall- 5' 3", but I do have a long torso for my height, so maybe that helped. Baby was 6 lb 13 oz at 40 weeks.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I usually measure at least a week behind, sometime 2-3 weeks behind, but baby is average size when they check with the ultrasound.