Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much red raspberry leaf tea do YOU drink?

RRL is greatly misunderstood and misused. I drink it all the time - pregnant, nursing, menstruating, etc.

I make a blend of herbal infusions that contain about 9 herbs. I make my infusions by the quart and I drink the quart within 24-48hrs.

RED RASPBERRY LEAVES (Rubus spp.)
Brewed as a tea or as an infusion, raspberry is the best known, most widely used, and safest of all uterine and pregnancy tonic herbs. It contains fragrine, an alkaloid which gives tone to the muscles of the pelvic region, including the uterus itself.

Most of the benefits ascribed to regular use of Raspberry tea through pregnancy can be traced to the strengthening power of fragrine or to the nourishing power of the vitamins and minerals found in this plant. Of special note are the rich concentration of vitamin C, the presence of vitamin E and the easily assimilated calcium and iron. Raspberry leaves also contain vitamins A and B complex and many minerals, including phosphorous and potassium.

The benefits of drinking a raspberry leaf brew before and throughout pregnancy include:
*Increasing fertility in both men and women. Raspberry leaf is an excellent fertility herb when combined with Red Clover.
*Preventing miscarriage and hemorrhage. Raspberry leaf tones the uterus and helps prevent miscarriage and post-partum hemorrhage from a relaxed or atonic uterus.
*Easing of morning sickness. Many attest to raspberry leaf's gentle relief of nausea and stomach distress throughout pregnancy.
*Reducing pain during labour and after birth. By toning the muscles used during labour and delivery, Raspberry leaf eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.
*Providing a safe and speedy parturition. Raspberry leaf works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It does not strengthen contractions, but does allow the contractinguterus to work more effectively and so may make the birth easier and faster.
*Assisting in the production of plentiful breast milk. The high mineral content of Raspberry leaf assist in milk production, but its astringency may counter that for some women.
*Easily assimilated content of calcium and magnesium, to relieve leg cramps.
*Also high in iron, the leaves and berries help prevent anemia.

Advertisement

EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
cali4niachef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
sweetpeamami83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali4niachef View Post
RRL is greatly misunderstood and misused. I drink it all the time - pregnant, nursing, menstruating, etc.

I make a blend of herbal infusions that contain about 9 herbs. I make my infusions by the quart and I drink the quart within 24-48hrs.

Brewed as a tea or as an infusion, raspberry is the best known, most widely used, and safest of all uterine and pregnancy tonic herbs. It contains fragrine, an alkaloid which gives tone to the muscles of the pelvic region, including the uterus itself.

Most of the benefits ascribed to regular use of Raspberry tea through pregnancy can be traced to the strengthening power of fragrine or to the nourishing power of the vitamins and minerals found in this plant. Of special note are the rich concentration of vitamin C, the presence of vitamin E and the easily assimilated calcium and iron. Raspberry leaves also contain vitamins A and B complex and many minerals, including phosphorous and potassium.

The benefits of drinking a raspberry leaf brew before and throughout pregnancy include:
*Increasing fertility in both men and women. Raspberry leaf is an excellent fertility herb when combined with Red Clover.
*Preventing miscarriage and hemorrhage. Raspberry leaf tones the uterus and helps prevent miscarriage and post-partum hemorrhage from a relaxed or atonic uterus.
*Easing of morning sickness. Many attest to raspberry leaf's gentle relief of nausea and stomach distress throughout pregnancy.
*Reducing pain during labour and after birth. By toning the muscles used during labour and delivery, Raspberry leaf eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.
*Providing a safe and speedy parturition. Raspberry leaf works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It does not strengthen contractions, but does allow the contractinguterus to work more effectively and so may make the birth easier and faster.
*Assisting in the production of plentiful breast milk. The high mineral content of Raspberry leaf assist in milk production, but its astringency may counter that for some women.
I bought the actual herb from a seller on ebay. I was just making it by the cup with a infuser ball. I would love to make more of it at once. How do you make a quart at once?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #13
squiddles
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeamami83 View Post
I bought the actual herb from a seller on ebay. I was just making it by the cup with a infuser ball. I would love to make more of it at once. How do you make a quart at once?
the same way you might make a pitcher of iced tea... a larger container and more tea leaves/bags.... it might not stay warm, unless you use a thermos or something.. but you can sip on it all day, or have one batch last you a couple days...
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #14
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
1 large handful, or 1/2oz-1oz by weight. I prepare mine just before bed and let them steep room temp over night. Leaves should steep for 4hrs and roots/barks 8hrs, generally. The longer it steeps the more medicinal benefit you will reap from the herb.

How to Make Nourishing Herbal Infusions by Susun Weed
An infusion is a large amount of herb brewed for a long time. Typically, one ounce by weight (about a cup by volume) of dried herb is placed in a quart jar which is then filled to the top with boiling water, tightly lidded and allowed to steep for 4-10 hours. After straining, a cup or more is consumed, and the remainder chilled to slow spoilage. Drinking 2-4 cups a day is usual. Since the minerals and other phytochemicals in nourishing herbs are made more accessible by drying, dried herbs are considered best for infusions.

I make my infusions at night before I go to bed and they are ready in the morning. I put my herb in my jar and my water in the pot, and the pot on the fire, then brush my teeth (or sweep the floor) until the kettle whistles. I pour the boiling water up to the rim of the jar, screw on a tight lid, turn off the stove and the light, and go to bed. In the morning, I strain the plant material out, squeezing it well, and drink the liquid. I prefer it iced, unless the morning is frosty. I drink the quart of infusion within 36 hours or until it spoils. Then I use it to water my house plants, or pour it over my hair after washing as a final rinse which can be left on.

My favorite herbs for infusion are nettle, oatstraw, red clover, and comfrey leaf, but only one at a time. The tannins in red clover and comfrey make me pucker my lips, so I add a little mint, or bergamot, when I infuse them, just enough to flavor the brew slightly. A little salt in your infusion may make it taste better than honey will.

Watch her video tutorial here on how to make infusions
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
Old 03-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
sweetpeamami83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
1 large handful, or 1/2oz-1oz by weight. I prepare mine just before bed and let them steep room temp over night. Leaves should steep for 4hrs and roots/barks 8hrs, generally. The longer it steeps the more medicinal benefit you will reap from the herb.

How to Make Nourishing Herbal Infusions by Susun Weed
An infusion is a large amount of herb brewed for a long time. Typically, one ounce by weight (about a cup by volume) of dried herb is placed in a quart jar which is then filled to the top with boiling water, tightly lidded and allowed to steep for 4-10 hours. After straining, a cup or more is consumed, and the remainder chilled to slow spoilage. Drinking 2-4 cups a day is usual. Since the minerals and other phytochemicals in nourishing herbs are made more accessible by drying, dried herbs are considered best for infusions.

I make my infusions at night before I go to bed and they are ready in the morning. I put my herb in my jar and my water in the pot, and the pot on the fire, then brush my teeth (or sweep the floor) until the kettle whistles. I pour the boiling water up to the rim of the jar, screw on a tight lid, turn off the stove and the light, and go to bed. In the morning, I strain the plant material out, squeezing it well, and drink the liquid. I prefer it iced, unless the morning is frosty. I drink the quart of infusion within 36 hours or until it spoils. Then I use it to water my house plants, or pour it over my hair after washing as a final rinse which can be left on.

My favorite herbs for infusion are nettle, oatstraw, red clover, and comfrey leaf, but only one at a time. The tannins in red clover and comfrey make me pucker my lips, so I add a little mint, or bergamot, when I infuse them, just enough to flavor the brew slightly. A little salt in your infusion may make it taste better than honey will.

Watch her video tutorial here on how to make infusions
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-lb-Organic-Red...#ht_2762wt_932
this is what i have. I will have to try doing it like this. making it cup by cup seems pretty silly!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
sweetpeamami83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

where can I get a jar big enough?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #17
findingstrength
Registered Users

the directions from my midwife say drink 1 cup daily after 36 weeks.
Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #18
cali4niachef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
where can I get a jar big enough?
I use Ball canning quart jars....
EUPHORICBIRTH.COM
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #19
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Thanks so much for this info! I think I'm going to go make myself a cup...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #20
hmmclever
Registered Users
seller

i read somewhere 1 cup during your first trimester (if you feel comfortable doing so) 2 cups during your 2nd and 3 cups during your third...thats what i do.
Laura, wife to my hard working husband Brandan, mom to Luke (5/08) and my VBAC babies Clara (12/09) Asher (4/11) and Lydia (3/13). "I expect to pass through life but once, if, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now, and not deter it or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again." -William Penn
hmmclever is offline   Reply With Quote