Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool help me register

Ok so I need some help ladies

I'm preggo with #2 due in July. With DS, Dh and I pretty much bought what we wanted and my mom, MIL and families either bought us gift cards or big items that we put on a registry.

So this little one is a girl and we really dont need much b/c we have pretty much everything we need (plus we bought all baby gear in GN colors).....but....There are a few things we need/want for this girlie. My MIL tends to buy us cheap yucky things so I want to register at an organic online store....

Bring on the recommendation (I want to make sure if shes spending her money its on things we'll actually use)
TIA

ETA: we didnt have a baby shower with DS and we arent having one this time either. I just want to create the registry to make sure that ppl understand/ know what we want if they choose to buy us something.

Advertisement

Last edited by kushie tushie; 03-28-2011 at 05:16 PM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: help me register

what types of things do you need? I love helping with registries, but we need some direction! Amazon is a great place to make a registry, and you can even add stuff to the list from other websites.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb1961 View Post
what types of things do you need? I love helping with registries, but we need some direction! Amazon is a great place to make a registry, and you can even add stuff to the list from other websites.
Oh Amazon is a good idea. I was thinking like a natural/ organic baby store online. I need sleepers/gowns (organic cotton), some "toys" and stuff like that. I dont really need dipes but I could use some wipes. And I'm open to suggestions- What there something you couldnt live without?

I am going to create a small registry at BRUS for a swing, pacifiers, and random odds and ends...

My family is good about sticking to the registry but DH's family is not....and they always buy us the cheapest, ugliest stuff. So I'd like to give them a guide to follow (not that it helped prevent them buying crap for DS...but I'll try again).
Old 03-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is a local store http://www.peapods.com/ but you can buy online. I LOVE them! They have such a great selection. Some of my favorite natural toys are Mellissa and Doug, Haba, ImagiPLAY, Plan Toys and Hape. I use a lot of the wooden rattles from Haba, they really hold up well.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
This is a local store http://www.peapods.com/ but you can buy online. I LOVE them! They have such a great selection. Some of my favorite natural toys are Mellissa and Doug, Haba, ImagiPLAY, Plan Toys and Hape. I use a lot of the wooden rattles from Haba, they really hold up well.
Thanks! This is along the lines of what I've been looking for. We had 3 organic/natural baby stores in our area....but...all 3 have closed in the last 3-4 years
Old 03-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
Argonaut8
Registered Users
seller

I'm using Amazon. I haven't actually tried adding anything from another website though, because pretty much everything we need/want is there on Amazon. But I'm thinking about registering at a local store too, for those who want a brick and mortar experience.

Then again, I'm not sure how many of our people will even look at a registry anyway. Registries don't really jibe with the culture of the people we know. (But at least, for those who wouldn't use a registry, it's probably because they'd get us something really tasteful and unique and thoughtful, so I really can't complain. )