Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
laur318
Registered Users
seller

You are SO not alone mama. Never feel bad or guilty about your feelings. They are valid. You have them for a reason.
Hugs.
Look how far youve come!!!! Times 3!

Ps.. BFing is the one reason I am not ttc for a long while. That's how strong the feeling is here....for now

Lauren, gentle mom to JJ, 23 months. sent from my iPhone which has autocorrect. this is gonna get interesting!

Advertisement

Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone not enjoy BF?

Sometimes I enjoyed it... Sometimes not... Right now I wish DS would wean, but I don't want to be cruel and force it. (He is 19 months.)

I know a girl from work who really disliked nursing - said the hormones made her feel nauseated - but nursed her DD for 1 year and plans to do the same for her brand new DS because of the health benefits. She pumped at work too.

You are not a weirdo.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
cereal527
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm another one that goes through phases of hating it and then enjoying it a little at other times. As some others have said, my favorite is at night when the house is dark and quiet and my dd is so peaceful and content while she's nursing. During the day when she's doing gymnastics while she's nursing and I've got 5 million things to do, it often just frustrates me. I have nursed all my kids, some longer than others, but I can't say I've ever totally loved the experience. I get the nausea another poster mentioned, though it is most severe early on, and not bad at all now.
All that said, I really wonder if I'm going to miss nursing when my dd is finished. She's our last baby, and I really want to make it to her 2nd birthday, which would be longer than I've gone with any of my other kids. There are days I wonder what I'm thinking having that as my goal, but then I remind myself I don't do this for me, I do it because it's best for her, and 2 years out of her whole life isn't really that much.
Hang in there, you definitely are not alone.
cereal527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
LovinMy3Boys83
Registered Users
seller

This is my first child that I was able to successfully breastfeed. My older two couldn't for one reason or another. At first I felt so proud of myself for being able to do it, but now I'm not enjoying it as much. It's so hard to enjoy it when I have an active 6 & 2 yr old that require my attention just as much as my 5 1/2 month old. I can't walk around and nurse, so during the day its rough but at night I love to sit down and cuddle my baby & nurse him. I have been or was should I say throwing around the idea of weaning him but he won't take anything else but me or my milk. I found a bottle he will sort of take but not formula so I feel stuck. I know it is the best for him, and he is on solids twice a day so I nurse him around 6-8 times still throughout a 24 hr period since he is no longer sleeping through the night, and I know I should enjoy it now because he is our last and I'll never get this chance again. It just gets very hard at times
Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The thing for me is I want more kids, he wouldn't necessarily be our last, but the thought of breastfeeding again just does me in. I guess I am opposite in that I hate nursing at night. I hate anything touching me at night, let alone him sucking on me. That is a major reason I can not co-sleep with my babies...It makes me not sleep. I can't nurse laying down either. In the beginning it would give me plugged ducts so now I am paranoid and just do it sitting up. I just want the responsibility of my body to supply all his needs to be over, i just put a lot of stress on myself. Then it might now be such a big deal. Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone. Sometimes its hard because we have an idea that this is the best experience...even though Breastmilk is the most awesome thing ever!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I loved it with my other kids and I was so sad when I had to wean them but this time I feel like there's been nothing but problems. I do want the best for him, but I guess in part because he was unexpected I had that mental block I had to get around that I was "done" breastfeeding. We've had supply issues, sleep issues, biting, mastitis... and I can't do what I need to for my health while I'm still bfing so I confess I've battled with wanting to quit this whole time. I've gotten this far despite the hurtles from the beginning so I'm going to make my goal of a year but no, I'm not really enjoying it this time either.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #17
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are not alone at ALL! I am no longer nursing, but I nursed two of my three babies and I didn't enjoy it. I wanted to, but I didn't. I felt like a huge, unattractive, giant pacifier. I hated always having to sit while someone sucked the life out of me, literally. I formula fed our third baby and she is beautiful, happy and thriving. Honestly, if not wanting to breastfeed would keep you from having a baby, that is really sad. Parenting is much more than just breastfeeding. While breastmilk is good for babies, I don't believe that you have to suffer and hate it and honestly, babies feel what you feel, so if you don't want to, you shouldn't have to. I think women should be proud of any amount of nursing they can do. It is hard. My formula fed daughter sttn by three months and it took my breastfed babies until about nine! I am not saying that formula is better or anything, but I am just saying it is your choice and both are valid. No flames please!
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
Meredith+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I never really think about enjoying or not enjoying BF. I just do it, because it's part of parenting, and I love my boys.

I don't enjoy changing diapers, or discipline, or cleaning the house, or laundry all the time, either, I just do those things because it's my job.
Meredith+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #19
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2 View Post
I guess I never really think about enjoying or not enjoying BF. I just do it, because it's part of parenting, and I love my boys.

I don't enjoy changing diapers, or discipline, or cleaning the house, or laundry all the time, either, I just do those things because it's my job.
I understand this, but those things are tasks that don't directly affect me physically, so I do this easily because they are my job. BF through periods the whole time with constant fluctuations in milk supply and the constant sucking affects me physically which is stressful. Changing diapers is not the same thing.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2 View Post

Well I don't think this was called for. Someone can say they don't like some thing or not without it being thrown in their face. There's lots of things people don't enjoy but have to do cause it's their job but they can still complain about it.