Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Food Sensitivity.... Bad mommy...

So DS is sensitive to a bunch of things.. Diagnosed thru a blood test... He was having all sorts of skin issues..rashes etc..

Well they told us to gradually start giving him little bits of what he is sensitive to.. Only one at a time, see if he has a reaction.. It's been over 6 months since he has not had anything that he is sensitive to..

I gave him eggs 4 days ago..

Today his arm is rashy.. I feel bad... DH was giving him a bath, and asked what was wrong with his arm... Sure enough in the crease of his arm... He is rashed out... Poor baby.. bad mommy...

So Def no eggs for DS..

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food Sensitivity.... Bad mommy...

Awww! You are not a bad mommy. You are doing what your care provider recommended. It's okay - don't feel bad! I bet he doesn't even notice the rash as much as you and your DH do. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's pretty impressive that you have cut the sensitive foods out of his diet to begin with - that is no easy task!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food Sensitivity.... Bad mommy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
Awww! You are not a bad mommy. You are doing what your care provider recommended. It's okay - don't feel bad! I bet he doesn't even notice the rash as much as you and your DH do. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's pretty impressive that you have cut the sensitive foods out of his diet to begin with - that is no easy task!!
Yah we figured that was what was wrong and his behavior has improved along with the changes....

I just feel bad, I had a feeling the eggs where a huge culprit... Wheat is the hardest thing to cut out really... And costly... We just have to make him special meals... I try to just make us all the same, but with the elimination of eggs, wheat, dairy, and tomato makes it hard for me to make any quick easy meal...
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can relate. My lo reacts to eggs and dairy. He's still nursing so I avoid those foods as well. Most of the time. sometimes I'll eat sometime I shouldn't and hope for the best. A few days later he's rashy and scratching his belly and legs telling me "I'm itchy". And then I feel like crap.

We really should cut gluten out too, but I just can't seem to commit to it. I've made a ton of GF stuff, and I have a few GF friends, resources online....but I just don't want to....