Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Melatonin givin' mamas...

I have a few q's.
How long did it take to start working effectively for your LOs, and how much do/did you give?
DS is 2 April 28th. I gave him his first "spray" last night. (Contains 1.5 mg.) He was out 40 mins faster than usual, but still up probably 6-7 times, and up about 30 mins earlier for the day. He kept moving his legs, so I think they were bothering him, and if it wasn't for that he may have slept better...
I'm going to use it again for a few nights and see. I'm also making him an appt. w/his ped on monday. I can't remember the last time he's slept a 5-6 hr stretch.

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
lullaby80
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Melatonin givin' mamas...

Last edited by lullaby80; 07-29-2011 at 12:22 PM.
lullaby80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
baby_number_2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just told the other day to try this on my 6yr old. It takes him forever to fall asleep. Where do you buy the spray? Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use it for my DS. It's kinda hit or miss with him though. Some days his head hits the pillow and he's out. Other days, he fights sooooo hard. (The other night he was up until almost 2am!)
Old 04-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used melatonin on myself for awhile and it did help me fall asleep but it did nothing to help me stay asleep. At the time I had a problem of waking up around 2am each night and not falling back asleep, I still had that problem on melatonin. How long is he awake when he wakes up?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
Teffer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If he's kicking his legs, he may have Restless Legs Syndrome. Have his ferritin numbers run, as RLS is tied to low ferritin. Not to overwhelm you, but it's caused by gluten intolerance. PM me if you want to chat.

If you live in Genesee County, MI and are interested in babywearing, click https://www.facebook.com/groups/gene...tybabywearers/.
Teffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Baby_number_2, I bought it at whole foods. It says "not for children on it" but it is what most ppl use.
J+CSMama, oh no!! I hope you can figure something out, that's awful!
Teffer: Ferritin...is that linked to mag deficiency? I'll check it out. I read that mag def. can also cause RLS, and that could be an issue. He's so picky about his food, and hates veggies, the only way he'll eat veggies is sometimes if I can sneak them in fried rice (usually picks them out, doesn't like the textures) or smoothies. Thanks for the suggestion!
E-2.1.14
Old 04-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #8
jefesita
Registered Users
seller

Melatonin is not meant to help you STAY asleep, only to FALL asleep. so those of you that mentioned the waking after that is why

Is he always fidgitey or just after the melatonin? if it was just after the melatonin it could have been that that caused it. it makes me restless when I take too much.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teffer View Post
If he's kicking his legs, he may have Restless Legs Syndrome. Have his ferritin numbers run, as RLS is tied to low ferritin. Not to overwhelm you, but it's caused by gluten intolerance. PM me if you want to chat.
oh, I just looked up the test; that's for low iron? His iron was perfect at his 1 yr checkup. I know they'll do another one at his 2 year, so we'll find out. Hopefully it's still good!
E-2.1.14
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use it with our 9 year old. He has a horrible time falling asleep. It helps some nights and others not so much. Usually I give it to him at dinner and then bed is a few hours later. It is not ment to stay asleep only to aid in felling asleep; which is what he has a problem with.