Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
12 hours a day without eating?

My 3 month old son goes to bed every night at 8pm, he used to wake up for 2 feedings a night, but lately he is sleeping through as late as 8 or 9 am without waking to feed.

This is worrisome for me. Should I be waking him up to nurse?

He is already on the slow side when it comes to weekly gaining, nothing dramatic but a big under what is the norm.

I am worried about him. He sucks his hands in his sleep but doesn't wake up

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 12 hours a day without eating?

If he is doing it on his own, since he's a tad older, I'd say it's fine, but I'd really work on tanking him up during the day. If he starts to not gain right, maybe do 1 night waking, but if he's peeing and pooping and gaining ok, even if it's on his own little curve, I don't see a reason for alarm.
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My babies do that too. But, they are slow gainers. So, with my most recent babies, I woke them around 11pm right before I went to bed and gave them a "dream feed." It really helped them gain. The other thing to think about is your supply. Your supply will probably suffer if you go that long. After a while, I let them sleep, around 6 months, but I still pump at that time. They are 11 months now. Enjoy the sleep.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

As the mom of a 15m old who STILL wakes several times a night for milk... leave him!!

Well, really I'd follow his cues. If he's good to go, then great! His STTN may change though, so be prepared.

I've had several friends who EBFd their babies and they STTN almost right away. Yes, I'm horribly jealous but it can be normal.

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

JMO since I've had to deal with a small baby that was also slow to gain...wake him. I would get at least 2 feedings in a night regardless. Some babies are too lazy to wake up themselves to eat, like my DS was.
runzbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote