Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Updated! Thanks mamas! Ebay & Negative Feedback?!?!?!?!

I sold something on ebay and the girl stated that the item was not in the condition described. Which I do not agree with but whatever everyone has their own opinions. I apologized and offered her a full refund if she mailed them back - so I am loosing on shipping, fees, ect... I am pretty new to all this so I did not want any bad feedback.

Well - she left bad feedback!!!!! I am soooooo mad. I requested that she change it because I am fixing her problem. If she does not agree would you leave her negative feedback for poor communication (and lack of brains...). Knowone is ever going to buy from me again if one of my first sales is negative (she is also pretty new to ebay).

HELP!!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by CntryMama; 03-30-2011 at 06:59 PM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: PLEASE HELP!! Ebay & Negative Feedback?!?!?!?!

You can't leave her a negative or a neutral per ebay's rules now. Which is a great rule IMO as it prevents sellers from leaving a negative in retaliation which is what you are suggesting.

I don't know why the buyer is not working with you. I would withdraw the offer of a refund and let her know you will put it back on the table if she wants to negotiate on the negative feedback. If she isn't, then there is no incentive for you to try and work with her.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Jelliebean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think sellers can leave neg feedback for buyers anymore.

It's so hard to say when we don't know the buyer's side of things. I'd probably have left neutral for you, but some people would say negative (especially depending on what happened, as we will never really know, kwim?!)

I know I wouldn't have left positive though. Sorry mama.

The Purple Penguin on DS
Jelliebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I was just thinking that!! I am going to email her and state if she would like a refund for the diapers then she needs to change the feedback. I understand ebay is trying to help but it is not fair that I am losing money and have poor feedback but she gets everything she wants. Kinda seems like they are favoring the buyers! ahhhhh.. I am just steamed right now I needed to vent. Hopefully she will change it.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry. Something similar happened to me on ebay before. Ebay only allows sellers to leave positive feedback for buyers. If they pay for your auction then they have met their end of the transaction, according to Ebay. Even if it takes 10 days to get them to pay after you open a non-paying bidder claim. That's how ebay works - they protect the buyer.
I'd be pretty hard pressed to be issuing a refund to someone who had already left me negative to be honest...

You might want to visit the ebay forums....read the horror stories from sellers and realize you're not alone. Hugs.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
Aleta
Registered Users
seller
seller

So are you voluntarily taking the item back? She can file with paypal for item not described if she was misled in the condition, but she has to send it back to you before they will issue a refund. I would not want to work with her anymore but I would if the item was in worse condition, not as described, etc. So sorry mama - hopefully you can just get this behind you and let it go -does ebay allow a 'follow up' on your feedback for you to describe the situation? I know they use to, but I refuse to use them anymore.

like me on Facebook
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you threaten to retract the refund then she can just file through PP and get her money back that way, can't she?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Updated! Thanks mamas! Ebay & Negative Feedback?!?!?!?!

Thank you guys sooo much! Within 30 minutes of sending her a message withdrawing my offer to refund the money she changed my feedback to positive. She stated that the product was not in the condition expected by seller is resolving the issue Yay!!!

Thanks for all your help!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad you got it worked out! I can't stand confrontations! Ebay is definitely set up for the buyer!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad that it worked out!