Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: baby showers

I only had one w/ my very first baby (8 years ago!!!!), and we won't be having one w/ this baby either. Family and close friends all come and bring gifts after baby is born instead!

Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
Having mine Saturday! Very excited.

I always thought that you only had one baby shower...for your first. Is it normal now to have one for subsequent children?
I honestly just think it depends on your family and friends and what they feel they want to do.

I personally think every baby is a chance to celebrate. I don't think it should be only for the first, but I guess it just depends on the people around you? LOL not sure.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

no shower, and i'm a bit grateful for that because 1- we don't need anything and we don't have room for anything else in our apartment and 2- i'm super-busy from now till the baby comes and just wouldn't have time for a shower.

what's nice is that i'm getting together with some of my best girlfriends in about two weeks for brunch at a crepe place to celebrate the baby's impending birth i can't wait for it!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

I'm not having one. This is baby #3. I gave away all of my baby things except for some newborn clothes and my crib. Three weeks later I found out I was preg! I figured if people want to bring me something after the baby is born they may . I really would like more dipes . But I really only need a crib mattress, changing pad, a bathtub and some towels and washcloths.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm actually having two since DH's family lives out here in PA and mine lives out in Michigan. Both are April showers, the Michigan one on the 16th and the PA one on the 30th. I'm really excited to go out and see my family for what will be pretty much the last time until the baby is born in two weeks! Gifts would be nice but honestly, the only thing we don't have that I still NEED is a car seat. Diapers are set for hopefully 6 months and the stretch marks on my boobs better mean lots and lots of milk. The car seat is the only thing left to get that we absolutely have to have.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #16
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is my 3rd baby in 3 years, and 3rd boy at that, so I'm not having a shower. We are doing a "welcome baby" party instead at the end of June. The only stuff I even kind of need is clothing nb-6mo. I figure IF people choose to bring gifts to the party, that's what they'll be bringing anyway
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #17
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSarahMay View Post
I honestly just think it depends on your family and friends and what they feel they want to do.

I personally think every baby is a chance to celebrate. I don't think it should be only for the first, but I guess it just depends on the people around you? LOL not sure.
Me too!

And if you go by "old fashioned" rules, if you haven't had one in 5 years, or it's a baby of a different sex, you "can" have a shower.

Now....I seem to wait 7 years in between babies myself...rofl....my girls are 7 yrs 2 mos apart and this little guy and my youngest dd will be 6 yrs 8-9 mos apart. LOL!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #18
OneHotMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The people at work are throwing a combo one for me and another pregnant co-worker (I'm due 2 weeks before her ) Sounds like fun, and it's nice that there's another preggo there, since I don't really like being the center of attention.....this way we can split it lol.
OneHotMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
Bevytp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted one just bc I like getting all my friends together to celebrate. I didn't really care for the gifts and such. I have pretty much everything I need anyway - the big things especially. I honestly don't have one person who I would consider the good friend to offer putting together a baby shower/sprinkle for me where I live now.

But when I was down visiting my family in TX, one of my best friends from hs got a few of my other old friends together and threw me a surprise baby sprinkle. It was super sweet and was very low key. We had a little brunch and they got me a few clothes/gift cards as gifts. - To me that is all I needed and not some huge full blown shower.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #20
_Amanda_
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, we are having two - one back home and one here locally. My second and last shower is a week from tomorrow! This is our first baby!
_Amanda_ is offline   Reply With Quote