Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
dselbe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: baby showers

not having one here, but wish I was. had to throw one for myself with DD1 and only five people showed up. gave away everything baby a month before i found out I was prego but SIL and niece both had baby girls a couple months ago so hoping for some hand me downs between now and then.

Advertisement

dselbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

So far nobody has offered to give me one, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they do. We don't need much but it would be nice to have more clothes and other small things.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #23
wileycolt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Had one... it was boring... drove and hour, ate chicken salad and cake, got lots of clothes (which i told people not to buy), and drove an hour home. Did not seem like a celabration, more like an obligation, and i didn't even wanna have one.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #24
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamegan841 View Post
So far nobody has offered to give me one, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that they do. We don't need much but it would be nice to have more clothes and other small things.
I hope someone will offer to give you a shower. It is nice to get the things you need but most importantly I think it is nice to be celebrated - and have your baby celebrated! I celebrate you. And all of the other mamas!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #25
nml12903
Registered Users
seller

I didn't think I was having one! A good friend asked me to go shopping today, and thank goodness I took a shower and put on decent clothes, because she took me to a suprise shower! It was simple but perfect. I have no family here, but my friends did an awesome job!!
nml12903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #26
Tizzymomma61
Registered Users
seller

I was also suprised today with a baby sprinkle! My mom and younger brother are in town visiting and my brother (suprising for a 22 year old guy!) planned a small shower with the help of my friend here. Totally unexpected, which is RARE for me! It was simple and small (we are military so I only have a few close friends here, as apposed to being back home in PA).
This baby is my 3rd also and my youngest two will be 20 months apart so we had some general things...however, the 19 month old is a boy, my oldest is a girl... but she is 7, so the new little girl clothes are adorable...and appreciated greatly!
Tizzymomma61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #27
doodah
Registered Users
seller

mine's planned for Easter weekend. This is my 3rd girl in 4 years and we celebrate every baby!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Since we are stationed 17 hrs from my family, and 6 from DH's, I traveled to my showers back in february. This is the first grandchild and greatgrandchild on both sides, and we both have huge families that love an excuse to get together and celebrate (and shop for baby girls). I had 3 family showers and 1 USCG "family" shower. We are so incredibly fortunate for this love and celebration!!

We received everything we needed, including the majority of our CD stash We also picked out mostly gender neutral gear since we don't expect more showers with additional children (although I believe EVERY baby should be celebrated)!

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #29
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I only had a baby shower with my 1st, so we will not be having one. I was thinking about doing a "welcome home" party though, but it will all depend on how things go, and how Memphis is doing when he comes home.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #30
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nml12903 View Post
I didn't think I was having one! A good friend asked me to go shopping today, and thank goodness I took a shower and put on decent clothes, because she took me to a suprise shower! It was simple but perfect. I have no family here, but my friends did an awesome job!!
That is so awesome!!!!