Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The clutter is haunting me!

LOL! I have purged SO much stuff... and I was feeling good about it, for awhile. But I HATE clutter, and this place looks messy! we use the P&P for timeouts (and when not in use for that it's a catch all for EVERYTHING, like, it's halfway full of junk right now! ) However; that's where baby is going to sleep, so I want to empty it and put it in our room. (BUT, DH still has 3 bags to take to goodwill before I have room for it in there.)
I still need to go through some more things too. and pack a bag for DS just in case, and MY bag is halfway done. I feel like I have no time left! I'm...35 weeks today?! I have a big test next thurs I need to study for... (why do I always "need" to study and nest at the same time?! ) Then DH is going out of town April 10th, 11th *his bday and the 12th he'll be back late at night) then busy for Easter, and then DS' bday, trying to take my final that week, and DS2 due.
Wow. I feel like I'm a little in over my head. Thank God I'm only taking 1 class!
I think I'm also going to get DS some melatonin from Whole foods this week. Last night he only woke up 3 times, that's the most he's "slept" in probably over a month...His behavior is off the wall. Last night DH asked our friends (neighbors through a THICK brick wall) if they heard DS yesterday pitching his fits and they were SHOCKED that it was him; they thought it was someone much older.)
Ok, please feel free to vent about whatever may be "haunting" you!

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The clutter is haunting me!

I feel ya. I am feeling the time crunch too. I do not have bags packed, the baby's stuff arranged, the house is a disaster....and I have absolutely ZERO motivation to do it.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post
I feel ya. I am feeling the time crunch too. I do not have bags packed, the baby's stuff arranged, the house is a disaster....and I have absolutely ZERO motivation to do it.
Oh no mama!! Good luck! Hopefully you can get bitten by the nesting bug, huh?! The way I look at it, I'd better do it while I feel like it, because those days are becoming fewer.
On a side note, DS just saw your U/S picture and said "Caleb, water" lol. baby brother's name. & we have a baby book he likes to read daily that explains about the placenta.
E-2.1.14
Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes the house - combined with my laziness, is making me crazy. We have the crib set up but in order to do that we made a huge mess in our bedroom which we have yet to overcome. And I barely manage to do maintenance around the house (dishes, laundry, picking up toys) everyday, much less dive into getting things ready for the baby. I'm gonna have to enlist some help I think!! That will make it more fun too. Hope you girls get your lists checked off soon!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm with you on the clutter and crap everywhere!! we have to do some serious rearranging to get ready for baby..and it needs to be done NOW...but dh's work schedule has been so insane that he has barely been home for 2 weeks, and when he is, we kinda just wanna sit around and relax...vicious cycle!! plus we cannot seem to keep dd in her bed at night. she was doing great when we first switched her to the toddler bed...but now she is up in the middle of the night, every night, and gets in bed with us. i'm so torn because i need to move her upstairs to get the nursery ready...but at the same time i don't know how anyone is going to get any sleep for a couple weeks while we get her used to staying in her bed!! plus..i kinda like all the cuddles i get when she comes to bed....she's such a busy 2 year old, that i don't get those during the day, and it makes me realize how fast she is growing and how she is not going to be my baby anymore.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like we have so much lined up in the next few weeks. We have a lot of yard work to do, freshening up some of the landscaping (mulch, adding a few stones and replacing a few plants that aren't doing well), we ordered the kids a new swing set that should be here next week, so that's the project for the next weekend, then the weekend after I am having DD a little party (and I stress the word LITTLE, no games, no crafts, just a cake and playing outside!). Then I'll be 37 weeks, so everything needs to be done by then.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
OneHotMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, the nesting bug bit me hard this week so I got lots done around the house (I'm a teacher, on spring break ) BUT I'm starting to freak out about my long term sub for school. I still don't have a yes or no from the person I asked to replace me, and I need to get so much stuff in order, IEP's to write, and 4 weeks worth of lesson planning for the end of the year when I'll be out, YIKES!!!!
OneHotMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we've gotten OK with the clutter.... except in the crib. DH finally washed all of his laundry LAST MONTH and since then it's been SITTING IN THE CRIB I don't do his laundry since we both WOH and I barely have time to wash my own clothes in between diapers & DS's clothes. DH is supposed to wash the linens too but I have to bug him about it constantly. But I really want to figure out how to side-car the crib and can't do that while it's completely FULL of DH's clothes. UGH.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are waiting on carpet to be installed, and have NO idea when it is coming..and all the while, the massive pile of stuff that was in the nursery, is scattered all over the house, in corners and lining the wall of my dining room On top of that, I have the worst heartburn, and super tiredness, ever....so I DO NOT feel like doing any of this stuff! I am so discouraged! And I doubt I am going to get the nesting bug anytime soon, LOL!!!

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww, mamas, I hope you can all get to it soon!
Sh0rtchica~ DH's clothes would either be put on his side of the bed or his dresser! He'd have to move them to sleep! Of course usually, I just put DH's stuff away, otherwise I have to see it forever, and in my current mood, that's not something I want.
Hillbillymama~I feel you. Last night I was so worn out all I could do was pick up the living room, clean the kitchen, and study for an hour and a half. I didn't even want to do that!! I'm so sick of using the P&P as a catch all for everything in our living room, I want to at least get that cleaned out and put into our bedroom for the baby. We'll see how that'll work w/DS running around.
E-2.1.14