Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm afraid of having a boy. Help!

I had that feeling when i got preggo with logan. I was a girl mommy and was super nervous about dealing with boy parts and issues LOL, He is 9 months old and i am now a boys mommy too LOL. You will be fine

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the re-assurance mamas!

I know that whatever child we have we will love regardless of gender. I just dont know anything about boys, and most moms of boys I know IRL keep telling me how different boys are than girls, and that a boy will be harder, etc. So of course I am terrified!

When I pack up dd's dresses, I get a twinge of sadness that no more baby girls will be wearing these things I dont even notice boy stuff in the stores! LOL!

Seriously though, do you think this apprehension/fear is normal? Do you think there is something wrong with me?
Old 03-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #13
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooCrew10 View Post
ROFLLLLLL!!!!! Isn't that just the truth too!!!! They LOVE to play with that thing!!
uhmm not mine
Theresa, i think you do great
im pretty sure if i got pg and was having a girl id be doing girly stuff (WOW I WROTE THAT LOL that sounds funny LOL)
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #14
Jane456
Registered Users
Formerly: lindsaym
seller

I don't have any other kids, but I know when I found out DS was going to be a boy, it was pretty heartbreaking. I came from an all-girl family, I had planned for years in my mind the fun things I would do with my daughters (because I was definitely going to have 3 of them) and I had our entire family plan mapped out. (Can you tell I'm a type A planner?!) Anyways, I always say I'm glad we found out during the ultrasound at 21 weeks because I really did need 2-3 weeks to mourn the loss of the daughter I was certain I was having and get my mind around having a boy. Even when he was born I held my breath, wondering whether the ultrasound could have been wrong. It wasn't. And I have to say - he's 6.5 months old right now - I don't see much different between him and a daughter. Sure he's got different parts to clean when I change his diaper, but I love him so very much - more than I ever imagined I could love any baby. I don't yet miss that mom-of-girls lifestyle I had in mind, but its possible I will encounter that in the future. At least when I get there I'll be so much in love with my little munchkin I couldn't imagine having it any other way. I'm sure you will find that too!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #15
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You'll be fine. I did want a boy when I was preggo with Bram but I had FOUR little sisters and had never been around baby boys. I was a little worried but that part doesn't last long. It won't matter at all once you see him.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #16
ipumpkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awe! That's so funny. I always pictured myself a girly mom. I was horrified of having a boy because I'd have no clue what to do with one! My 1st son is now 8 and he is a blast! We have such a tight bond. He's a momma's boy all the way and I just am in awe of him! My 2nd DS is 3, we adopted him from the state, he's been with us since he was a newborn and he is so much fun and so wild and cool. I'm a fostermom and I've had a string of boys in the last 3 years. I have been dying to get my hands on a little girl to do all the girly frilly stuff with. Let me tell you, I finally got a baby girl a couple of months ago and I love dressing her up and I love the pink and the purple and the sparkly, but there's something so special about a momma/son bond. You'll do great and he will teach you what to do with him!
ipumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #17
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Boys are great, don't worry mama. I also know that the second you have that baby boy in your arms, you'll love him not matter what.
I only have a son and we wanted a girl SO BAD when we were pregnant with him, but we were just as thrilled to get him. He's been special since he was born first with pulling his arm out of the swaddeling to lay his hand on my face in the OR and then turning to the sound of my voice while we were still in the hospital. I could go on.... He's special, just like girls are and I'm sure you'll see that if you're blessed with a boy.
My son doesn't play with 'his thing' either! LOL He'll notice it in the bath but we talk about his penis and he goes back to playing with a toy instead. LOL

Don't worry so much mama, you have enough love in your heart for a little boy and the only reason you see yourself as a mom to girls is because that's all you are so far! The only thing constant in life is change and a boy would be a nice change.
Watch out, they pee at you in diaper changes, and don't make the puddles that I've heard girls make.

I can relate to your feelings. With Riley here and a little girl on the way, I worry about having a girl! What will I do with one of those!?!?!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #18
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

all I have to say to this is... " mamaz boy" that saying rings true for reason .. they LOVE their momma... they will fight tooth and nail for mama... you are always right when they are younger... you will always be the one that they compare girlfriends to..and you will have all the answers when they are married.... ..... we are kinda differ.... I have 2 boys..and one girl... I would have 11 more boys... if I could get away with no more girls..hahahahaha... my boys were super sweet...very loving attached ... kissing... hugging ... snuggly boys... and my girl.. well she will be 3 next mth.. lets just say she thinks she is grown..and is ready to party in paris.. ( though I love her to pieces.... I love having more boys )
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #19
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

All boys have diffferent temperments just as allchildren do. You will love them all mama!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #20
Noniegrace
Registered Users
seller

Little boys are magical. And when you get to the teenage years you will get down on your knees and thank the heavens he's not a girl. I really wanted DD to have a sister, because I have 2 sisters and that bond is awesome. But omg do I love my son, he's the most perfect wonderful baby. I wouldn't change anything about him.