Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #21
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm afraid of having a boy. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noniegrace View Post
Little boys are magical. And when you get to the teenage years you will get down on your knees and thank the heavens he's not a girl. I really wanted DD to have a sister, because I have 2 sisters and that bond is awesome. But omg do I love my son, he's the most perfect wonderful baby. I wouldn't change anything about him.
This is encouraging~! LOL! thank you

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 AM   #22
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can relate, I definitely didn't want a girl and was relieved when DS2 was a boy.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #23
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I can't speak of differences, as I only hav boys, but....I'm sure you'd love a boy just as much as your girls...they're cute, cuddly, loveable little humans too..just with a penis
Old 03-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #24
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel your apprehension - I, too, have simply no clue what I'd do with a boy. I mean, seriously - I don't know boy games or understand little boy psyches like I do with girls. I used to joke when I was pg that my body couldn't grow a boy, I was so wired for girly-ness. I jumped for joy when I found out dd was gonna be a girl. I have a feeling the next will be a boy, though, and I don't think I'll find out the gender while pg and just wait for that burst of love after he/she's born. For what it's worth, I do like hanging out with my friends' boys - I notice such a difference, it's interesting to watch them and dd play. I'm sure you'll love whatever baby you get - after all, it's a baby first and foremost, and who (who would be looking to adopt one) doesn't love babies?
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #25
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted a girl SOOOOO much. I grew up with 4 brothers. My cousins and my brother all had boys. We needed a girl baby and I wanted to be the one to have her!

I had a boy and I am SOOOO happy! I love him like crazy. He is cute and silly and sensitive and perfect in every way. Now I hope to have a brother for him someday soon!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #26
gfarley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dc #1 girl #2 boy ****long wait*****#3 boy

I have a saying about boys and girls.

Boys are a bundle of motion and

Girls are a bundle of emotion

I love all my kids but sometimes it is refreshing to deal with the boys. They get mad and then they are over it and move on.

You will enjoy both for very different reasons.

Gwen
gfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #27
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I was sooooo in your shoes just a couple of years ago, my dear! I was a mama to two girls and it was my dream to have 3 little girls. I nearly passed out when I found out my "daughter" had a penis!!!!

I don't have much to add to what everyone else has said, but you will for sure love your son!
Old 03-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #28
KisaMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was scared too.. because my two of my nephews are autistic, and the 3rd oldest nephew i have (I have 4 nephews.. one I dont see much because my twin sorta disappeared because cps was after her..) has anger and agression issues..
So needless to say my mom scared me pantsless by saying that my DS could have all of the above.. oh goodness..
He's fine tho, but he's alot more whiney than the girls..
Old 03-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #29
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I was scared to death to raise a girl. I had my son and he was the PERFECT child He was so cute and snuggly, just the most darling little mamas boy. He is loveable and so kind and gentle, so quiet and well behaved. When I found out I was having a daughter I freaked. I was scared about everything, even changing a girls dipe to. Scared she'd love dh more than me, scared that she'd be all whiney and full of attitude. Well, my girl is whiney, full of attitude and daddy is #1 BUT we have a bond like no other and I love her the same as I do my ds. Now I have another girlie and I love her just as much too.

You're right in pregnancy you can't chose and I believe in adoption you shouldn't be able to either. you will be given what you are meant to have. If that means you are given a son then you were meant to be his mother. You'd be surprised at how soft and gentle a little boy can be.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #30
kelsey78
Registered Users
seller

I have a 3 yr old dd, I was also worried when I got preggo when she was 2 and we found out it was a boy. I had no idea what to do with one lol. I was so used to all the girl stuff. But when he came along I was in love. He is only 10 months but so far I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom to a boy. He is the sweetest thing and so much more laid back than his sister